Polaris ACE Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Getting 2 of these would be about same price as RZR800S, but both people could drive all the time, and have some fun chasing each other.

Could be a good alternative.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gila, Ben....Polaris true all wheel drive is just that. All Four Wheels will instantly, truly pull at the same time with the same amount of force. This engages virtually instantly. The rear wheels only have to slip a meager 20% (5 inches) of ONE revolution and then BOTH front wheels instantly engage. You will not notice the rear wheels slipping cause it engages the fronts so quick. When there is no rear slip, the AWD automatically disengages. You don't have to stop and switch to " locked ". This is good because the best thing when in slippery situation is to keep your momentum moving forward. If you took a Polaris AWD on ice and gunned the motor ALL four wheels will spin in simultaneously, all pulling together just like a locked system.

Locked systems offer no better traction than the Polaris true AWD. Locked systems require you to stop first to engage them and also to disengage them. With Polaris true AWD, you just keep rolling along!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds VERY interesting. Wonder how it will work in the DUNES? The all wheel drive is a good thing. I'll have to go and sit in one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does it have a beer holder? Too bad about the Engine Braking System and Active Descent Control (N/A). Also curious if the front hubs are using the magnetic rolling cam lock-up system. The rear drive is a shaft/differential I'm assuming so does it have an electronic diff lock? I doubt very much that it can be shifted from High Range to Low Range while in motion so I think I would have even more of a problem with hills than I do now. My Arctic Cat 500 has maxed-out pulling some trails in Hi. Not to say it has failed but it had no reserve, full-out, that's it and if this hill was any steeper or much longer I'd be coming to a stop where there is no stopping. So use Low Range. Yea but that means coming to a full stop before ascent. Curious about the Ace with only 327 cc.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It does have a cup holder to the left of the seat :)

I believe the front diff locks completely and it uses a fully locked RZR 570 rear diff. You do have to come to a complete stop to shift it from High to Low.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts