Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2015 570, quite stock, under 1000 miles. Didn't do this when I first got it, but lately there has been an occasional brief hesitation when just cruising along, after warmup. Today for the first time it actually hesitated so bad it coughed, almost a backfire but not quite. (At the time I was cruising along a paved road at about 55 MPH.) Is this a symptom of the infamous voltage regulator issue, or have I come up with a new one? It only does it once in a while, and otherwise runs great. Suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took for a short ride today, engine died completely. Would not restart, let it cool off for a while, eventually got it to restart and drive home. There was a check engine light, so I read the code, it was 636, which indicates fault with the crankshaft position sensor. Have not got to it with an ohmmeter yet, but that's next step. In the meantime, called my local Polaris dealer, and they do not have one in stock, but can order it, and it will cost $80. Found some online for as little as $13, but that's an off brand and a bit scary. Anybody have good advice regarding replacing the CPS?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welp... Took it to the shop today. They are busy, so I'll probably know what the damages will be in a little over a week. Will definitely post results here so that others can share the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts