Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2015 ace 570 non power steering model for about 2 years. During normal use I have occasionally had the engine die for no apparent reason at low rpm such as coming to a stop. No big deal, as it starts right back up and on my way I go.

On a recent long trip, I counted that in 75 miles of trail use per day, the engine died 9 times that day. After the trip the ace was cleaned and checked over completely as I do after each trip.

I decided to look into this matter of the engine killing out. In park the ace idles at approximately 1250-1300 rpm the idle is smooth and without issue. I can stop on the gas from idle and the engine revs up as it should and then returns back to normal idle.

If however, I just barely bring the engine above idle, say 1500 RPM and hold it at 1500 rpm for approximately 5 seconds, then let off, it dies every time. To be specific, the rpm drops from 1500 and then dips below the normal 1250-1300 idle, and gets into about 1050-1100 rpm, sputters and then dies.

Things to note, The air filter is clean, only recent 91 octane non ethanol fuel is used. I have a new battery and as far as I can tell all connections are tight and clean (at least at the battery). I have checked the spark plug and it appears good yet. The voltage regulator is clean on the outside. No check engine lights.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
321 Posts
You might want to check your throttle cable for excess play. The throttle safety cutout might be the culprit. On the cable you should see a rubber sleeve. Pull the sleeve back to expose the adjuster. Loosen the locknut and adjust to remove most of the slack. Retighten the lock ring. Replace sleeve. Hope that’s the problem.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would run some good fuel system cleaner through it.
Check the clutch to make sure it is releasing when the motor drops to idle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
These machines are designed to run on regular gas with alcohol. It it was a valve problem, it would be all the time. Same with the throttle cable since the computer controls idle. I would suggest contacting Polaris as it sounds like a computer problem. I wish I could be more helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts