Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mahoney, that looks fantastic!!!! How fast will it go with the 32's? I'm just curious how much speed it has lost with no clutch work. I would like to lift mine and go beyond 27's but I need to at least be able to keep the XP's I ride with in sight...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ya i agree that ace is awesome, great job! I really like your cage, did you do all the work yourself or where did u take it? Do they make a 4inch lift?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Im going to have to take a different opinion. Another ace ruined for anything but jumping into a mud hole. I just don't see turning a multi function vehicle into a one dimensional mud turd. Also the color combination is kind of a clash don't ya think. Just not for me, but I hope you enjoy it as much as you can, but it just doesn't float my boat

Reactions: Cracker 9000

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Im going to have to take a different opinion. Another ace ruined for anything but jumping into a mud hole. I just don't see turning a multi function vehicle into a one dimensional mud turd. Also the color combination is kind of a clash don't ya think. Just not for me, but I hope you enjoy it as much as you can, but it just doesn't float my boat
Variety is the spice of life. I get that it's not your style, but referring to someone's very expensive build out as a one-dimensional mud turd isn't terribly polite.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like it even though I don't know what he was trying to do here. with the glow lighting and the pretty stuff on it I wouldn't want to mud it. don't think it would be real good on rocks either,hill climbsi think you would go over backwards. but it still is cool and its his money.

·
Registered
6 Posts
that's a beast! great job. a ton of cash into it obviously.. some of us enjoy the build and the customization process more than others. I am always messing with my toys.. its the best part of buying things for me. making something different from everyone else's is a blast.

looks sweet. would like to know the top speed.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Vandel you don't have to be an ass just cause you dont like what somebody else done to THEIR machine. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you spent that kind of money in your ace and someone called it a turd. Doesn't look good for a supposed supporting member to make a post like that!! Are you trying to discourage people from posting or do you expect every body to buil em' like you would and anything that's not like you would want its a turd!!!! VERY DISTASTEFUL!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Variety is the spice of life. I get that it's not your style, but referring to someone's very expensive build out as a one-dimensional mud turd isn't terribly polite.
You are quite right Scoundrel. Poor choice of words on my part and my apology to the OP. I still stand by my opinion though. To me customization is a great thing as long as it enhances the capabilities (plural) of the machine and that's where I just don't see how these mods do that with the exception of one task. But if that is what the OP wants its his choice and money. Its a great job, on the build, just aint for me

Reactions: Scoundrel

·
Registered
134 Posts
To me the vehicle looks to have plenty of capabilities it has more ground clearence, its wider so more stable, and it has a longer wheelbase so it can climb very well! Everything that the stock ace can do this can do as well if not better cause you wont be smashing your undercarriage. It can go through deeper mud and water. I dont know about you but where i ride we have to sometimes cross creeks or swamps that can get pretty deep especially in the spring. Dont get me wrong it wont win any races or fit on any 50 inch restricted trails but racing is dangerous and often gives us riders a bad name! So in my opinion its a better ace and it all depends on your riding conditions!

·
Registered
259 Posts
"RIDING CONDITIONS" are the key words for this mod. A real quick example of other specific mods would be sand tires.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
To me the vehicle looks to have plenty of capabilities it has more ground clearence, its wider so more stable, and it has a longer wheelbase so it can climb very well! Everything that the stock ace can do this can do as well if not better cause you wont be smashing your undercarriage. It can go through deeper mud and water. I dont know about you but where i ride we have to sometimes cross creeks or swamps that can get pretty deep especially in the spring. Dont get me wrong it wont win any races or fit on any 50 inch restricted trails but racing is dangerous and often gives us riders a bad name! So in my opinion its a better ace and it all depends on your riding conditions!

Width alone does not make a vehicle more stable. Width and a low center of gravity will. With it sitting as high as it does it will be very easy to flip on a fairly steep hill, and yes it will travel over rocks and logs well, if it can fit on the trail where those rocks are and that trail isn't too steep. So you see it wont do as well as what a stock Ace can do with the exception of crossing deep creeks or Mud. If smashing my undercarriage give me a center of gravity that keeps me on all wheels....lets smash it, before turning over because we are up so high that we become extremely unstable. A longer wheelbase will help with climbing, as long as the center of gravity is low to the ground, but this build isn't and anything positive with the extra length in wheelbase is negated by the height of this Ace. That's why I see it as basically a one dimensional vehicle that will never do anything better than a stock ace except cross deep creeks and deep mud. As far as what I can see it will be able to do, the OP or whoever did this build did a great job. And as someone has already stated, with all the bling of the leds and the color combination, I cant see the OP wanting to get it very dirty. This is my opinion and that's all

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
2015 Polaris Ace 570 with a 7 inch rage customs lift, custom Polaris ace cobra axles, 32 inch out backs on 17 inch HD's. No clutch work on it and it does absolutely amazing in the mud! This thing is a machine. Couldn't have done any better!
mahoney380, what is the riding like where you are? The pics show a flat clearing, and you mention mud.
Do you have any videos yet, or pics of the places you ride?
We're curious to see some action shots in the environment you built this thing for.
It looks pretty tall, but still looks fairly well "planted" in the photos.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts