Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums, and unfortunately it's not for the best reason. I have a 2015 Polaris Ace 570 with about 500 miles and 80 hours on it. I drive it about once every 2 weeks. So last weekend when I went to take it out, it was completely dead. 100% would not do anything, so I hooked it up to my 2014 570 (which was running) and jumped it using that. It did start, but when I unhooked the jumper cables, it immediately died. So I jumped it again and let it run for about 20 minutes because I figured the battery must have been extremely dead. Took the cables off, dead. :livid: So I proceeded to take the battery out and charge it on my 12v 2 amp charger for about 3 hours. Hooked it back up to the quad, still nothing. So on Sunday I went to Sears and got a DieHard battery. Put the acid in it, let it sit overnight, charged it for 5 hours last night on 12v/2amp until my charger said it was full and automatically switched off.

Today is when the real trouble started. Finally got the new battery installed and it started right up. I was very happy. I let it run for about 2-3 minutes then walked over to shut it off and noticed on the gauges it said "OV 15.6". I immediately shut the quad off. Checked the battery to see if it was overflowing or anything crazy, but nothing. Started it up again, let it run for 5 mins with the headlights on, no warnings, so I revved it up to about 2500 rpm. That's when the real trouble started. After about 10 seconds, the gauges started flashing so I let off, the check engine light came on, and I saw a warning of "OV 17.5", so I shut it off again. The code for the check engine light is just system overvoltage (168 3), no other codes.

So, now that you're done reading my book, I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with any other issues with theirs? I was thinking I could have a bad stator or voltage regulator, but don't want to keep buying parts if this is a common problem. If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated. I saw in another thread that the part number for the regulator is: 4013904. Is that for both the 570 and 325? Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In front of the back tire on the left side is the voltage regulator. It's in a bad spot and gets covered in mud. If not cleaned out every ride it over heats. Check that. Theres is a forum on here where it is already mentioned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Seems like that is being recalled on other Polaris vehicles, so why not Ace? Seems like an afterthought to place that important part right there.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I made a plastic splash shield for mine that fits inside the left rear fender. It attaches with one zip tie and plastic rivets that are already there. cost was nothing and voltage regulator is mud free with no issues. I also drilled holes in the plastic directly above the voltage regulator to help keep it cooler(i have full doors so mud does not get in the holes I drilled).:eagerness:

Reactions: whatwasithinkin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts