Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that have had a fair amount of time with the current ACE. What would you like to see in the 2016 Polaris Ace?

·
Registered
259 Posts
For me, I would like to see a few accessories that almost everyone installs come as standard items from POO. i.e. winch, front and rear brush guards/bumpers, maybe a roof, and mostly a good set of gauges instead of the rinky dink push button system currently available.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would like to see the following:

1) turf mode
2) cab insulation against radiator and exhaust heat. I heavily insulated my Ace last year with good results. After I added full doors, I can feel lots of heat on the back of my right arm from the exhaust pipe. The full doors trap the heat. I have purchased additional insulation and will be adding it soon.
3) flip up front windshield
4) Front LED lights similar to those on the RZR 900 and RZR 1000. The current front lights are woefully insufficient.
5) Backup lights. They don't have to come on automatically. Turning them on with a switch is OK in my opinion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I would prefer slightly less power, a few troubles with the suspension and half again the cost. This would help keep me from needing to upgrade.

Okay, maybe a front end from the RZR 570 and easier access to the front clip.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think I would prefer slightly less power, a few troubles with the suspension and half again the cost. This would help keep me from needing to upgrade.

Okay, maybe a front end from the RZR 570 and easier access to the front clip.
Ha ha… I'll trade you for one with less power (330).

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would like to have better access to all fluids - radiator, brake etc. Also better plastic molding design for rear bed as I've had bed damage from items sliding. I would also like fuel tank fill mounted higher on the machine and relocate shift linkage so that one can get in easily from either side. (the linkage is clunky and does not always align correctly) Lower the muffler noise... Better seat set up - okay make the machine 2" longer so that cab room is better...

·
Registered
119 Posts
1, 2, & 4 on hayseed's list, not that 3&5 are bad, but polaris doesn't offer those 2 stock on any of their machines that I'm aware of. Suspension is the only area that I think the ace is really lacking tho, they need to offer a dual a arm front suspension and a decent shock package. I was hoping the SP would have just that like the sportsman line but no such luck. Maybe in 2016...
On the accessorie side I would like to see a bolt on cage extension/ rear bumper and spare tire carrier like the rzrs have. I doubt many people would buy it for the ace, but I think they look good. Oh, and a front cargo box design specifically for the ace.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Yes to an IMPROVED suspension. Also a flip out windshield and improving on the shift linkage and location. An improved, comfortable, seat with provisions for a 4 pt harness would be nice. Change the roll bar from a church cathedral, to a flat top so it will clear the door on an enclosed trailer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts