Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016 Polaris model release is hours away and I'm interested to see what's new in the Ace lineup. I've heard we might see a 900 but I don't know how reliable the source is, probably just someone's wishful thinking. I'm assuming if they put a motor that large in it that they would also have to drastically improve the suspension. I would guess a longer wheel base (to make room from dual a arms) and a width closer 60". I like to hear all the speculation so post up what you think is coming and we'll find out who is right in a few hours.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The source of the rumor was the official Polaris web site, but the source has been removed and the net has apparently been scrubbed squeaky clean of all evidence.

I expect it to reappear tonight at midnight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I heard the same thing about the 900 ACE. I thought they would bring back the 800 eng for it. Will know shortly. I'll keep my 570 but bigger eng will boost the ACE out there on the trails.dont see many where I ride here in Wickenburg so I get a lot of riders taking a 2nd look at me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bigger motor,ddual a- arms in the front and no wider then 54 inches, and would also like to see the same wheelbase and better shocks all around! JMO

·
Registered
505 Posts
No, the 800 won't be brought back. The 900 will slip right in there with the present transmission and chassis set up. ProStar engines from now until the next newer and better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like there's some good things coming. Just hope it doesn't hurt the resale value of my 570 too bad

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I really like my Ace but if the right sxs shows up I will probably sell the Ace and the Ranger and go with one vehicle.

Lots going on right now from all the manufacturers.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm looking forward to yamaha's release too

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Maybe Scoundrel will jump in here and tell us what was really going on last night. LOL :hihi:
I don't have any insider info, but I suspect someone in charge of website updates goofed and maybe lost their job. :)

On an interesting side note, the photo I posted yesterday showing the web page screwup has been redacted here at ACEForums as well. And it wasn't me doing the deleting.
That, more than anything, lends weight to the idea that there really is a 900 ACE coming out today.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If they bring out a 900, I wouldn't get it. Very happy with my 570 due to being trail rated and having about the same power as my 350 Raptor. I would definitely go test ride one just to see what it's like.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I know highlifter custom built this but considering highlifters partnership with Polaris I wonder if any Polaris engineers had a hand in this one? If so we could get something pretty awesome.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Neither will I...I'll be cruising Craigslist to try and get a 570 for pennies on the dollar LOL...
Well, it wont be mine. I'm perfectly happy with the 570 and have yet to find trails capable of traveling over 60 mph, so if a 900 comes out the people buying one will be wasting their money as far as I'm concerned. Unless the Ace is changed drastically that power would be dangerous, and if it has to be changed, such as width and length it defeats the purpose of having an ACE. I personally don't think there will be a mad rush to buy a 900 Ace if one exists, because everyone knows its going to be way more expensive than what we have now and probably border on RZRs price points, and if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd just get a RZR. I would love to drive a 900 ACE just to see how it feels. That's my opinion on the subject

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, it wont be mine. I'm perfectly happy with the 570 and have yet to find trails capable of traveling over 60 mph, so if a 900 comes out the people buying one will be wasting their money as far as I'm concerned. Unless the Ace is changed drastically that power would be dangerous, and if it has to be changed, such as width and length it defeats the purpose of having an ACE. I personally don't think there will be a mad rush to buy a 900 Ace if one exists, because everyone knows its going to be way more expensive than what we have now and probably border on RZRs price points, and if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd just get a RZR. I would love to drive a 900 ACE just to see how it feels. That's my opinion on the subject
Word on RZR forum is that the 900 ACE is going to be 60" wide. If that's a the case, I don't really see the point either.

The HP isn't so much about speed, but acceleration. Where I ride, the trails have short bursts of straight aways followed by tight turns. The HP improves the fun factor of blowing out of a turn into a straight away, and then braking into the next turn.

That being said, I have been trolling Craigslist for a deal on a 325. We have dealers around here with plenty stock of 2014 325s left. Used ones languish on Craigslist for months w/o selling, and w/o price drops. The resale value on the 325 seems to be about nothing. I have only seen a couple used 570s pop up. One sold right away, the other has been there for over a month.

·
Registered
394 Posts
There is an SP where.I live that runs $9999.00 and you can get a $500 rebate.
Wonder if it will.drop???
I kinds like the black.
My wife would love the shiny black one...
Not interested in anything that wont fit in back of the hoopty

1 - 20 of 101 Posts