Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I just discovered the Ace (570SP) which seems like it would be perfect, to allow my wife to participate in my dirtbike hobby (which I'm an older, [slow-riding] returning rider to) and then, today, I learned Polaris is no longer making them.

So I wondered if there were any alternatives to the Ace? IOW, what other SINGLE SEAT, 48" (or possibly 50"-wide or less), UTV's are out there? Preferably from the Big Four (Honda, Suzuki, Kawi and Yammy) and/or the other, big names in ATV's and sleds. (I'm partial to Ski-Doos, myself. LOL)

Thanks in advance!

Gravel Rider

·
Registered
502 Posts
The ACE is the only vehicle in its class in the 50" wide category.
The RZR RS1 single seat is 64" wide and a much larger vehicle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think the Ace is a great concept. We are 60 or near it, and have neck and shoulder problems. Sit-on quads were killing us. We bought an Ace, and bought a second one a week later. I thought the concept would grow, but it seems most people are not interested.

I have been seeing LOTS of used 325s for around $4k, and a 570 for $3850! That was very tempting. I would probably buy a third one, if I had a good place to store it.

We will keep riding, and have no intention to change until we have trouble getting parts.

I have seen no new alternative. It seems a great time to get a used one. Buy one, go riding, and don't be too concerned about what strangers think.

Matt B

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm bumping 60 as well, kinda bought my Ace for later in years. Still have my sportsman and rzr but kinda wanted something for me. Power steering, comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pushing 70. I got my ACE 570 new with all the options in 2015 and loved it but wanted to take lady friends riding with me. Almost immediately I got an almost new Rzr 900 trail. Both are 50 inch machines which is perfect for my sort of riding. Totally different machines. I love the power of the 900 and it just feels very different in a very positive way. I take couples riding and use the ACE for the guys. They have a blast. At times I will take the ACE and let the guy take the Rzr. I really enjoy my ACE, but the Rzr a bit more.

When the ACE 570 came out, a friend got one for his wife who, because of a disability, could not ride a quad. She enjoys the ACE and my friend liked it so well, he bought the ACE 900 when it was available. We could not wait to get rid of our straddle machines. If you want a really enjoyable machine for your wife, in a 50 inch machine, go with the Rzr 900 trail with power steering. Don't worry about having an empty seat. Women can always find something to put there - like a picnic basket or a grandkid!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am 60 and have 50 inch restricted trails nearby. Have a 2017 ACE 570 and like it, but needs better engine braking for down hills, but a smoother and peppy ride. Also have a Honda Pioneer 500, 5 gear paddle shift or automatic mode. Added aftermarket power steering for $550. The Pioneer is a dependable mountain goat with firm gear engine braking and a workhorse around the property, with easy in/out like a golf cart, but not as smooth of a ride as the ACE. Had a blown headlight fuse on the ACE which also killed the starter and stranded on the trail until trouble shooted, they should have separate fuses for lights from the engine function. Honda has had no issues for 3 years. Comes down to preference of characteristics and dependability when you shop. For the woods, added a winch to both. 82B818EA-F11C-4B8A-BAB6-CF1A2CBE103D.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Ace concept was good. I like the size and especially the steering wheel. What let it down were a few things - the location of the Stator (mud covered resulting in overheated/blown)which was never truly resolved by Polaris. The front suspension top bush - having to remove all that plastic just to lube the bush or replace for such a routine check. The rear tin bash plate - too thin and not able to be put back into shape without special tools - had the Ace being 1" taller in ground clearance, probably made all the different? Poor design in the wheel arch that threw dirt/mud at you but later configured on the 2019 models. Poor location of the spark plug under a cross member that was later modified on the newer models. Poor design in the front struts that showed up a weakness in design that was later reinforced on later models. Simple accessories such as the rock sliders (to take the brunt of hitting rocks instead of cracking the plastic) and mud flaps that really should have been made standard. Crazy pricing on the Polaris Ace oil that made it sound like your using a 'special blend'. Yeah right - not.
So for all of us that purchased them from new in 2014/15 - we were stuck with a number of 'flaws'. I used a Suzuki Kingquad for 12 years for hunting - they still make the exact same model after 20 years - so what does that tell Polaris? Get it right first time! This forum must have been quite informative for Polaris but appears they never could figure it all out??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mudder2..
What year is your Honda Pioneer? We are looking at adding one to our arsenal for when we don't want to take both Ace out.
Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
2017, first year when they added the automatic mode. But still use the manual/paddle shifts 95% of time. Auto mode good for flat open roads, paddle shift for hilly trails. I like most owners did a turn screw clutch adjustment for much improvement on smoothing the shifting. Each vehicle has its niche.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts