Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased our Ace 570 the dealer had a 570 SP with a spacer lift and 30x10x14 tires on it. I only got these 2 pics but it looks mean. Anyone running this large of a tire? If so how does it turn them? I'd love to put a set of 30" zillas on our 570 but since it's my wife's I'll probably just leave the 27" bighorns on it.

I also found this one online. I know these tires are way too heavy, but they look awesome.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will let you know in a few weeks I just purchased a set of 30x9x14 silverbacks but have to wait for my rims they are back ordered! I only have the 330 ace so fingers crossed that she has the muscle to turn em! I already have a spare belt and didn't put the order in until I seen after market axles from super atv. I am hopeful I won't need them but already prepared for a failure lol!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I will let you know in a few weeks I just purchased a set of 30x9x14 silverbacks but have to wait for my rims they are back ordered! I only have the 330 ace so fingers crossed that she has the muscle to turn em! I already have a spare belt and didn't put the order in until I seen after market axles from super atv. I am hopeful I won't need them but already prepared for a failure lol!
COOL!!! Make sure you post some pics after you get em' on! :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Seems like there would not be enough room to turn the front wheels

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went with a set of 28" Interco Swamplites on my 570 with stock offset on the rims. A great digger but I do experience a slight rub at full turn. I imagine 30" wouldn't work without the spacers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will post pics as soon as I have them on. I am sure I will need spacers but I haven't got them yet. Still not sure if I will need 1 inch or 2. Also looking into a clutch kit but haven't seen anything for the ace 330 yet has anyone else?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found this one on Facebook, 30" mudlites

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Seems like with tires that big, broken axles would be in your future. Or burned out belts.
Or just a very poor performing machine. He is changing the final drive ratio considerably, on a machine that doesn't have a lot of HP to start with. I wish him the best of luck but I'm afraid he's not going to be happy with the results. The biggest thing I don't understand is why do you need 30 inch tires on a machine that was designed for 25 inch tires. Sure they look cool but even on my 570 I am staying with the 25 inch tires, so I can keep all the performance that was designed into the machine, and also the reliability. I really hope it works for him....just don't have a very good feeling about this big a change

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think the highlifter high clearance front a-arms move the ball joint 2" forward which would allow for a larger tire for sure.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Or just a very poor performing machine. He is changing the final drive ratio considerably, on a machine that doesn't have a lot of HP to start with. I wish him the best of luck but I'm afraid he's not going to be happy with the results. The biggest thing I don't understand is why do you need 30 inch tires on a machine that was designed for 25 inch tires. Sure they look cool but even on my 570 I am staying with the 25 inch tires, so I can keep all the performance that was designed into the machine, and also the reliability. I really hope it works for him....just don't have a very good feeling about this big a change
The short answer is ground clearance. If all you did was add larger tires you would gain 2.5" of ground clearance. More than likely you would be getting around 5-6" of additional ground clearance with the minimum modifications needed to clear tires this large. The popular measuring device for people in the mud riding community is a 5 gal bucket which measures 14-15". If your riding with a group that's in the "bucket club" with a stock Ace you're gonna end up being the anchor that's getting dragged through every mud hole. For that matter, my Rzr 900 comes factory with 13.5" of ground clearance vs the Aces 10.25. I would like to believe that most people who consider going to a 20% larger and 50-100% heavier tire will understand they're will be some performance loss and I pray they understand that it will be less stable. You make a good point and I'll generally be the first to caution someone on the additional safety risks and the additional wear on the machine, but ultimately it's their decision and I won't criticize them for it.
That being said, I see no reason why the ace, especially with the 570, couldn't handle 30" tires if it is well thought out and properly modified. I have seen people running them on sportsman 500's for years that have an inferior transmission and less hp than the 570. I think people forget that the ace was assembled largely from parts that came directly from machines that have been proven to work with the desired modifications. If some one cares to explain to me why you can run 30's on a sportsman 570 and a Rzr 570 but not on an ace 570 I'd be happy to listen. I'm an certainly not trying to start a debate, just trying to explain why someone (me) might consider adding large tires.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's another I found and the details on the wheels, tires and lift.

·
Registered
420 Posts
looks good and if it fits your needs go for it. as you said the 570 should handle them just fine, and with any modification you will find the limits of its capabilities and deal with them.
Personally I think a taller tire (maybe not 30") would be great on the 330 because I find (for the riding I do) that low gear is unnecessarily low and high is too high...taller tires would allow me to leave it in low and find that middle ground between power and speed.
The scrambler I run in high 90% of the time unless I know I'm going to be doing mostly steep rocky hill climbs, then I will run in low for better control. I don't think that would change with a couple sizes bigger tire because of the double HP and less weight.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I could see it for mudding in low gear in swampy areas that don't require a lot of HP for the mudding.
Also maybe for rock crawling.
Remember, there are millions of us out there with different preferences and different terrain to ride in.
I wasn't knocking him for doing it at all, just that I can see problems with a change this large. He will be using low gear nearly constantly and if mudding as you said, that will be fine, but he may find that low on the trails is still too low and high will be nearly useless with the final drive ratio he now has. I really want to know how it turns out and wish him all the luck in the world

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The short answer is ground clearance. If all you did was add larger tires you would gain 2.5" of ground clearance. More than likely you would be getting around 5-6" of additional ground clearance with the minimum modifications needed to clear tires this large. The popular measuring device for people in the mud riding community is a 5 gal bucket which measures 14-15". If your riding with a group that's in the "bucket club" with a stock Ace you're gonna end up being the anchor that's getting dragged through every mud hole. For that matter, my Rzr 900 comes factory with 13.5" of ground clearance vs the Aces 10.25. I would like to believe that most people who consider going to a 20% larger and 50-100% heavier tire will understand they're will be some performance loss and I pray they understand that it will be less stable. You make a good point and I'll generally be the first to caution someone on the additional safety risks and the additional wear on the machine, but ultimately it's their decision and I won't criticize them for it.
That being said, I see no reason why the ace, especially with the 570, couldn't handle 30" tires if it is well thought out and properly modified. I have seen people running them on sportsman 500's for years that have an inferior transmission and less hp than the 570. I think people forget that the ace was assembled largely from parts that came directly from machines that have been proven to work with the desired modifications. If some one cares to explain to me why you can run 30's on a sportsman 570 and a Rzr 570 but not on an ace 570 I'd be happy to listen. I'm an certainly not trying to start a debate, just trying to explain why someone (me) might consider adding large tires.
I agree with you on the 570 Ace but he's talking about its little brother and the HP and torque difference is well known between the two. As you pointed out the sportsmans have been running large tires for years, but I really cant remember when I've ever seen a machine with 330cc or anything in that vicinity running 30 inch tires. Not saying it cant be done just that I haven't seen that small a machine that have successfully been able to use that large a tire. Sure someone will say they saw a small cc quad at a show somewhere with 30's on it, but I said be able to use the tires not just look at them. I am not criticizing him in the least, just pointing out some concerns I would have if I were doing this to a 330 ACE. Personally if I was going to mud all the time neither Aces would be my choice. As you pointed out, your RZR already comes with much more ground clearance, so it would be a good choice among others. At least we would be starting out with a machine that wouldnt have to be as severely modified to become a serious bucket mudder, as the Aces would

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
30" tires on Ace 570 SP

Here is a video of a Sportsman 500 (which polaris says the 330 has the same hp) running through the mud on 32.5" black mambas which weigh 70lbs each. Admittedly it appears to be struggling a bit and there is no list of modifications but I think that an ace 339 could turn 25.6lb 30x9x14 zillas all day with no problems at all. The 30x10x14 mudlites weigh 34.2lbs and 30x9x14 silverbacks are 40.2lbs, but still nowhere close to the mambas in the video. Mud riders are resourceful, Tell them they can't do something... they love a challenge LOL

All tire weights came from pureoffroad.com

·
Registered
134 Posts
First i want to say that i agree with everyone a little some more then others but i dont want to get into details. I chose the 330 ace cause it stood out from the pack, sure the 570 would have beeen nice but it wasnt available when i bought mine or i definately would have got it. The hit i would have taken to trade was ridiculous so that was out of the question. Bdk is right about the polaris stats i have a friend with a 500 done up a little and he does alright. He only has one gear in his transmission so he isnt winning any races but it has the power to turn his 30's no problem! 90 percent of my riding is in the mud and i know i will need to be careful or i will be replacing alot of parts. A rzr 570 starts at 13 500 in canada and the others are over 20000 i am not rich by any means and i thought the ace was my best decision to get as close to a side by side as i could but still stand out from the pack of atvs i ride with. All in on my ace i have only hit the 14000 price range but most of the upgrades were purchased over the 2 years i have owned it. I hope that helps clarify a little!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts