Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance today to ride one on a nice obstacle course and then get out of it and take the other on the same course. Did this 2x back to back and I was really impressed how much smoother and nimble the 330 is over the 570. Sure it is a higher RPM in the 330, but the 330 was on par with my Rzr 800 for torque and acceleration. My wife said yesterday we could get a new ACE, but we could NOT sell or trade the Rzr, as that would give us choices with all 3 machines. Now looking for either a new 2014 ACE 330 or a low mileage used one. Prefer loaded with options, but will load it myself if not already set up. The dealer here at the ATV Jamboree in Utah has a demo with 50+ miles and every option except the doors. He is asking $8500 out the door, but I think that is a little high for a leftover demo model. What do you think is a fair price for this demo or any left over 2014 model?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the report! We bought two Ace 330s in the last couple of weeks. I was wanting a 570, but 2015 570 vs. 2014 330 was an $1800 difference, and I could not get excited about the spendiness. Sounds like fate guided me.

Matt B

·
Registered
420 Posts
Were either of the machines past 15 or so hours? I will say mine really woke up after 10-15 hours of break in.
there are a ton of factory options so it might not be too bad. so it includes a winch? what about wheels and tires? with wheels and tires i would say yes, without I would beat them up for a better deal.

edited to add I always forget about other states and sales tax considerations...

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah the 14s are coming down and will be even better at xmas time. Thats how I got my scrambler...saved over $3k because they didn't want any 13s on the floor after jan 1st.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Had a chance today to ride one on a nice obstacle course and then get out of it and take the other on the same course. Did this 2x back to back and I was really impressed how much smoother and nimble the 330 is over the 570. Sure it is a higher RPM in the 330, but the 330 was on par with my Rzr 800 for torque and acceleration. My wife said yesterday we could get a new ACE, but we could NOT sell or trade the Rzr, as that would give us choices with all 3 machines. Now looking for either a new 2014 ACE 330 or a low mileage used one. Prefer loaded with options, but will load it myself if not already set up. The dealer here at the ATV Jamboree in Utah has a demo with 50+ miles and every option except the doors. He is asking $8500 out the door, but I think that is a little high for a leftover demo model. What do you think is a fair price for this demo or any left over 2014 model?
Sorry I forgot to answer your question.

I'm not a great person to ask about prices because the way I see it if you want the machine and it looks good, it's not going to be worth it to spend a lot of effort trying to shop around to save a few hundred bucks.
If you got to drive it on an obstacle course, you know firsthand the machine seems to be working well. That's a better test drive than you're likely to get elsewhere.
If it's got a crapload of options, and they are options you like, that's worth some bucks too.

50+ miles is not much. I had a dealer try and sell me a demo motorcycle with nearly 1000 miles on it at MSRP!! He said "It's still got the full warranty starting the day you buy it so it's not a big deal having a few miles on it. Personally, I think 50 miles is no more than a mini-break-in. Anything that might have rattled loose would probably have done so in 50 miles, so it's probably sound.

So to quote some unknown wise person "Shut up and buy it already!" :)
If not, hope you find something that suits your fancy while there's still some good riding time left in the season.

Edit: If his asking price is $8500, make him an offer. You might be surprised what he'll take.

·
Registered
111 Posts
$1800? The difference in MSRP is only $1000.
But, I guess maybe the 2014s are heavily discounted now, eh?
2014 330 was $6199 (discounted) and the 2015 570 was $8499. I think my post was wrong - it was more like $2400 difference with sales tax and etc. I no longer have the computation. In any case, It was some bucks.

Matt B

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yes indeed.
Especially among reports from multiple independent sources that the 570 does not perform quite as much better than the 327 as one would expect.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have an Ace 330 (the wifes) and a 570 , trust me there is a huge difference in the motors .
the 330 rev's it's nuts off compared to the big dog .
Torque is a huge difference also .
On my 570 I'm running 27 inch super swampers for tires . I seriously doubt the little ace would have the oomph for these tires .
I also use the 570 to move logs at the camp , big logs like 15-20 inch diameter logs that are 20 ft long .
The lil ace is an excellent machine for what it is , but the big dog can work for a living and the 13 hp and xtra helping of torque is huge !

·
Registered
420 Posts
Work and mods would be the biggest benefits I would expect. On the trail the difference would be RPM...one running at 6500-7000 the other at 5000-5500 or so to pull the same hill.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, the new ACE is setting on the trailer and we're headed for home in Idaho. I got a smoking deal at the UT dealer, I think. New ACE 325 with front & rear bumpers, winch, front ½ windshield, rear full screen, hard top, overhead bag, rear trail bag & rear storage box, ALL Polaris Pure lock & ride products. Price out the door, loaded on my trailer, $7400.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, the new ACE is setting on the trailer and we're headed for home in Idaho. I got a smoking deal at the UT dealer, I think. New ACE 325 with front & rear bumpers, winch, front ½ windshield, rear full screen, hard top, overhead bag, rear trail bag & rear storage box, ALL Polaris Pure lock & ride products. Price out the door, loaded on my trailer, $7400.
Which Utah dealer did you get your Ace from?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Texan, that is a great deal!! If I could find one like that here in Kansas, I'd buy it right now!!

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

I seriously doubt that this is an unbiased opinion since you own a 330 and will say anything to make your purchase sound like the better machine, which is understandable, when in reality the machines are identical with the exception that one has 13 more hp than the other and will do EVERYTHING as well as or better than its smaller engine sibling. I'm not saying your 330 is a mediocre machine, but am getting tired of seeing post after post of people thinking that their 330 can do everything the 570 can or that their as fast as the 570. None of these statements are true but made because some of you bought early not knowing the 570 was coming as fast as it did and now are trying to justify your purchase by making unfounded claims about your machines compared to the 570. In reality all of you would rather have a 570 and that is my opinion on the subject. I have a 570 and some of the claims about the 330 vs the 570 I've seen on here border on the ludicrous, but I'm not going to knock your 330's like some of you do my and others 570's
Quote The 330 was right on par with my 800 RZR as far as torque and acceleration....Sure it was. You enjoy yours and I'll enjoy mine. It's all good

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I seriously doubt that this is an unbiased opinion since you own a 330 and will say anything to make your purchase sound like the better machine, which is understandable
I have seen the attitude you are describing many times on many forums, and it is MADDENING to see it when I am looking for honest information on the pros and cons of one machine vs another.
However, as the forum moderator here I try to either read or skim all posts, every day, and I have NOT seen The Texan tend toward this sort of self-justification. He has seemed to me fair, reasonable and objective in most of his opinions (perhaps with the exception of his experience with one particular vendor, but we shan't go into detail about that).

It is not common for the average person to be given the opportunity to take two machines of similar construction through the exact same course on the same day back to back, and I think that provides an excellent platform for comparison, if those vehicles do not have significantly different accessories, like wheels/tires, for example. I would be interested to hear more from The Texan about that experience, objectively and with details.

But let's be careful what words we use on this impersonal communication medium when discussing the results, so that nobody offends or is offended, if possible.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That side by side comparison was written BEFORE I owned an Ace and was what I thought was a decent back to back comparison of two similarly equipped machines. NOW, after owning the 330 for 3 months and 1000 miles of varied trail riding from sea level to 11000', I will make a flat statement. The 330 will do ANYTHING a 570 will do on the trails I ride, period. You can NOT show me one thing that the 570 will do better on any of the trails we ride. There are two areas that it excels, but neither are of concern to me. 1) it is a tad faster on a improved road & 2) it will work soft sand better. Other than those 2 areas, please tell me just what you think it will do better, other than initially cost more and eat more fuel.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts