Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen many people ask how fast the 570 Ace is.....well I finally got enough break in hours on mine where I felt comfortable giving it a try. On a flat surface my 570 Ace with everything in my signature line didn't run 65 or 70 mph but did run an honest 62 mph this afternoon. Made two passes and had the same top speed both directions. The biggest difference between the Ace and say a sportsman 570 was that at 62 mph I was completely in control and comfortable at that speed. Ran straight and true without the spooky feeling of some atvs at higher speeds

·
Registered
85 Posts
I give u credit. Having only taken mine on 2 VERY short drives I don't see myself opening it up any time soon.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I give u credit. Having only taken mine on 2 VERY short drives I don't see myself opening it up any time soon.
Phin....the faster you go in them the better they feel. You also need to give it some WOT during break in to seat the rings...not long WOT runs but just hit it hard a few time every time you ride it. It's not going to jump away from you...I promise

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As soon as I get mine broken in, I let you know what mine does for top speed.
When you do it list all the accessories you have on your SP and we can make a closer comparison. My roof and rear windshield were probably holding speed down some

·
Registered
79 Posts
When you do it list all the accessories you have on your SP and we can make a closer comparison. My roof and rear windshield were probably holding speed down some
Will do. I'm hoping by next weekend I should be at 25hrs (at 9.8hrs now), but we will see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Phin....the faster you go in them the better they feel. You also need to give it some WOT during break in to seat the rings...not long WOT runs but just hit it hard a few time every time you ride it. It's not going to jump away from you...I promise
I bought her with 52 miles so she is mostly broken in. I just haven't had the stones to WOT it as it just feels way different than the typical quad. A new experience so I want to build some confidence with it. That and the second trip(which lasted about 5 minutes) involved me rolling over as I got sucked into a snowbank. I haven't been back on it yet as Im still awaiting a couple replacement parts that broke during the rollover

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Vandal, was that speed GPS or based on the speedometer reading? Just curious.
That was on the speedo Luvdamud. Since the speedp is the only gauge we always have mounted to the ACE, GPS speed to me is irrelevant, especially since it usually varies only 1 or 2 mph from the speedo either way, and really I don't care if the speedo is perfect or not. However fast I was going I was flying...lol I gave the speed I was showing on the speedo that came with the Ace. If someone else has a different reading they can post there's for comparison. Really these TOP speeds are irrelevant any way. I had to have a perfectly level asphalt road, at least a 1/2 mile long, to achieve this speed and have room to slow down, and to tell the truth. I've never found these conditions in the woods nor or on any trail in my part of the country

1 - 9 of 9 Posts