Polaris ACE Forum banner

570 Blown Belt?

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  jljbtm 
#1 ·
Has anyone blown a belt yet on their ACE 570? If so, about how many hours of riding, or miles, etc. when it happened? I realize this probably depends a lot on the type of riding, but still curious nonetheless.

#2 ·
I haven’t heard of anyone yet. My buddy bought his new in 2015. Took the cover off to blow it out after our long three day ride last month and said his still looks new. Maybe someone else will chime in on the subject.

Reactions: Outdoor74
#3 ·
I haven't heard of hardly anyone replacing belts on the Aces. That doesn't seem to be a problem with these machines and if ridden in low range when going slow or climbing you should be good to go for a long time. I did have a friend in Utah that replaced a broken belt after 5000 miles of hot hard desert riding, so if I was you the thought of breaking a belt would be low on my things to do or worry about list

Reactions: Outdoor74
#5 ·
Thanks Vandal, again glad to hear this. Seems not a propensity to blow belts on the ACE 570. I added some extra weight on my ACE 570 from some accessories (f/r bumper, HD skidplate, winch, HD A-Arm guards,roof, mirrors, rock sliders), however even then i suppose shouldn't decrease belt life too much. I always ride in low under 20 mph, so hopefully belt lasts a long time.

#11 ·
Only have 1300 miles on mine but notice very slight grabby engagement in high gear. I think I have some wear sports on the belt sides probably caused from loading the ACE up a steep tilt-up Karvan trailer. Engagement is much smoother in low gear where I ride 75% of the time anyway.

I'm still amazed by how much longer ATV/UTV belts last then snowmobile belts. Even though sleds are ridden in cold weather, they can get incredibly hot on long hill climbs where the throttle is pinned and engine is spinning over 8000 rpm. I've ridden with aggressive sledders who blow a belt every ride.

#14 ·
Yea my 570 owners manual says to only use low gear when loading or towing. I always ride in high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.