Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To All,
Just installed Commander V and Auto tune on my Ace 570. An even with the stock exhaust it increased the performance significantly. It should gain 3 or more horses when a performance exhaust is available. Just like my RZR 800LE it really added power and throttle response. Just wanted everyone to know it's worth the $$ especially if you have added heavy tires and other heavy accessories, i.e. bumpers, nerf bars, top, lock and ride boxes, and winch.
Note: I use 90 octane alcohol free fuel.
I have added the Polaris power steering which is great for us old folks and I'm ordering the EBS secondary clutch and primary one way bearing today since it's now in the parts list for the 570SP model. After you have been accustomed to EBS running the very steep trails of West Virginia you get to depend on it. It is better than having to brake all 4 wheels all the time.
Has anyone out there found a slip on performance exhaust for the 570 Ace?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lonnie,
I ride the Indian Ridge, Pocahontas and Pinnacle trails mostly. But have been on all the Hatfield McCoy trails. Recently been riding the new Mountain View trail in St. Paul VA.
Next ride will be the new VA Pocahontas trail between Tazewell VA and Bramwell WV, both close to Bluefield. I'm not familiar with the Hill Top Escape trails, I'll look it up.
Norm
Roanoke, VA

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Commander V and Auto Tune on both a 2013 RZR 800 LE and the 570 Ace. The difference is outstanding on both. Do not buy without the Auto Tune. The AT continuously monitors the engine and re-maps continuously. It's like a having the machine on a dyno. It measures everything and re-maps. The only part of installation which is a pain is having the 02 sensor welded onto your header. Two needed on the 2 cylinder engines.
If you don't install the AT, and re-map the CV yourself, you are guessing. Not very good idea. Or take to a dyno shop which cost about the same money.
Just my 2-cents worth.
Norm

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
What are some thoughts on whether the Power Commander plus Auto Tune will help much with the 330?
It seems like that little engine is already wound up pretty tight to put out 32 HP. Will there be much gain with the added electronics?
Also, what are your thoughts on longevity? Will these things cause the engine to wear prematurely?

What does a setup like this cost, excluding the labor to get the O2 sensor welded to the header?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts