Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new 570 last Friday and have 2 cooling questions.
My ranger and atv fans pull air through and ace pushes air out. Is that normal?
Secondly, it's my first machine w a temp gauge. Is it normal for temp in radiator to reach 220 or 230 once ace is turned off? I know why it happens but just kind of surprised me. Technology can be scary. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
After I read this, I tested my 570 and it pulls the air through the radiator in a traditional fashion. Are you sure yours is blowing it the other direction? My fan comes on when the temp gauge hits about 190 degrees. And yes, after it has been turned off after running it hard, it gets that hot but the fan cools if off pretty fast.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The temps do spike when the water stops moving.
If you have a concern about the fan direction take it in and have them verify it. DC fan could have been easily wired incorrectly.
I have a routine (in hot weather anyway) that I always let the fan run a cycle before shutting down. I'm sure its because of my Cyclone, it runs so damn hot I always let it run until the water temp is as low as it will go before shutting down. Its still going to spike the temp when shut off but at least it was on a downward trend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts