Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm curious after reading the mileage thread in the ace talk forum it got me curious of the fuel economy that we are getting out of these machines, and not just the fuel economy but how many miles are on your machine and what kind of mpg are you getting? For instance I bought my 570 at the beginning of June and it now has roughly 130-140 and I'm getting 16-17 mpg, to be fair to the machine I use the skinny pedal excessively.... I'm still wondering what the second pedal is for.... on a trip 1/2 mile trip across our family property where I ride I logged 2 miles on the odometer... that's 1 1/2 miles of wheel spin.. so I realize my fuel mileage will be bad. But I'm curious what others get and how many miles they have and tell me about your riding style and terrain. I'm in texas so it's mostly flat land, mud, some hill climbs but nothing drastic. Just curious what other riders get out there.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You need some more break-in time before you start calculating mileage anyway. when the motor has 25 hours on it, try again with mileage calculations. Yeah, being heavy on the gas pedal isn't going to give you good mileage, but hey, if you want to know how it does _for the kind of riding you do_, then there you are.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got 61 miles on 4 gallons last time I filled up. I tested just to see. It is still pretty new too.
I run thru thick brush, flooded timber, cut over timber and wet marshy areas.
It is one of the hardest UTV's to clean too.
That is all stock, tires, engine, everything. Rear tires rarely spin much, except in slush.
I think it is the way you ride. I don't ride on roads or on hard flat ground much.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right scoundrel I haven't hit my first oil change yet but I was still curious. and your right rduhonit is the hardest one to clean I have ever owned. But the coolest one I have ever owned in my opinion. And while I see my fair share of brush and slush, but I do see a alot of roads and flat hard land.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ok so I'm curious after reading the mileage thread in the ace talk forum it got me curious of the fuel economy that we are getting out of these machines, and not just the fuel economy but how many miles are on your machine and what kind of mpg are you getting? For instance I bought my 570 at the beginning of June and it now has roughly 130-140 and I'm getting 16-17 mpg, to be fair to the machine I use the skinny pedal excessively.... I'm still wondering what the second pedal is for.... on a trip 1/2 mile trip across our family property where I ride I logged 2 miles on the odometer... that's 1 1/2 miles of wheel spin.. so I realize my fuel mileage will be bad. But I'm curious what others get and how many miles they have and tell me about your riding style and terrain. I'm in texas so it's mostly flat land, mud, some hill climbs but nothing drastic. Just curious what other riders get out there.
I have 200+ miles and around 28 hours and at Bearwallow at HM I rode 51 miles mostly in low gear and put in 1.7 gallons, right around 30 mpg. You need more hours on yours before you start checking mileage. The 570 will easily get 35 mpg or more depending on where you are riding and the speed you are riding at. My 30 mpg was crawling all over the WVa mountains, usually below 10mph, and I expect much more running on more level trails

·
Registered
62 Posts
I figure to be safe that I can do a 100 mile trip on a tank load of fuel.
That gives me a safety of about 25 miles.
To be safe, I refuel the rig after every trip.
Last year had a brain fart and didn't refuel after a ride and didn't look at fuel gauge about 20 miles out looked down and was at 1/4 tank and made it back safely.
So now refuel when down with the ride

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow guys, if I hit 20 mpg I will be impressed, but then again I do ALOT of wide open throttle driving.........

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wow!! That MPG is incredible for the output of the 570. Impressed.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Wow!! That MPG is incredible for the output of the 570. Impressed.
I am hearing that the 570 motor is the most fuel efficient motor Polaris has ever had.....for its size. Mine sips gas and I can easily see 150 miles to a tank of fuel if not pushing it too hard

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am hearing that the 570 motor is the most fuel efficient motor Polaris has ever had.....for its size. Mine sips gas and I can easily see 150 miles to a tank of fuel if not pushing it too hard
The most I have gotten was 160km/ 100 miles from my 400, and I drive like an old man...lol

That's awesone, thanks Vandal.

How many miles do you have on yours?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The most I have gotten was 160km/ 100 miles from my 400, and I drive like an old man...lol

That's awesone, thanks Vandal.

How many miles do you have on yours?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
I have around 250 miles on mine now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts