Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POLARIS JUST RELEASED ACE 570 SP POWER STEERING & EBS IN BLACK PEARL. :applause:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whoa. $10k. That's getting up there for a single-seater. I'm good with my 570, I haven't seen the need personally for power steering on it. What I really wish they would have put on them is turf mode so I don't tear up the yard at the lake with it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yah, I was hoping for a little more HP, but maybe not until 2016... but good to see they're modifying it so soon..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Went to Polaris web site for the Ace 570 sp Pearl Black and found 3 errors in the specs. States that the 570sp is 32 hp, that electronic power steering is n/a and that the Ace 570sp has 55 w low beams and 60 w high beams. Think they need a good proof reader!!!!!!!!!! Wonder what it would pay????:greedy_dollars:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Another vote for turf mode. I don't want EBS. PS would be nice.
I would also like to see a turf axle option,,, an open diff with a manual locker, easier on the lawn and a tighter turn radius that could be locked for off roading, keep the rest of the machine exactly the same. This would make an excellent combination as many of us need a work platform and a play platform but don't want two machines, the JD Gators come close (not really) but they are 2 seaters and become to wide and the bigger bed on the back is not what I would like permanently attached, Id rather just hitch a wagon to the machine or put a carrier on the hitch. Power steer would likely be nice with front tools, I'm not sure engine braking would be useful, but that open manual locking axle would be sweet in either engine size.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If we are wishing I would like them to dump the McPherson front and use the scrambler front suspension. Oh and maybe the 850 or 900 engine.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
PS is a total waste of money, but for trail riding in the mountains, EBS is very welcome.......

·
Registered
447 Posts
This is almost my dream machine. I too would like turf mode. Could someone that is more mechanical than I comment on what this would require? I seem to remember that Scoundrel posted that the Ace has a straight through axle with no differential. Is turf mode a major redesign for the Ace? I am just trying to figure out when to jump in and upgrade to a newer model. If turf mode is a possibility, I will wait. If not, I may consider an upgrade soon.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
This is almost my dream machine. I too would like turf mode. Could someone that is more mechanical than I comment on what this would require? I seem to remember that Scoundrel posted that the Ace has a straight through axle with no differential. Is turf mode a major redesign for the Ace? I am just trying to figure out when to jump in and upgrade to a newer model. If turf mode is a possibility, I will wait. If not, I may consider an upgrade soon.
I posted that the rear axles appear to go straight into the tranny, like a front wheel drive car, eliminating a final drive shaft and differential/gearbox.
I am not a mechanical engineer and am not 100% sure of this, but I posted photos and nobody contradicted me.

So for turf mode, that would require a serious reworking of the transmission.
I'd love to have that though.

A 900 engine in a black or a deep blue body with EPS and turf mode would cause me to seriously consider buying another one much sooner than my current plans.
I was disappointed with Voodoo Blue - it looks "Fisher-Price" to me and reminds me of the lid of a cat litter bucket. Serious turn-off.

View attachment 2013 View attachment 2014 View attachment 2015

·
Registered
447 Posts
Scoundrel, thanks for the reply. I'll keep watching and waiting. My current Ace does everything that I ask of it. A 900 with EPS, turf mode and engine braking would certainly tempt me. Especially, if it came in all black. I drove a 900 RZR last week and that was a beast.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Actually, turf mode would be an easy option. The transmission is basically the same as the one in the RZR and Ranger 570 and both of them have turf mode as standard in the Ranger and standard in one of the RZR LE versions. But it costs a little bit more because of the more complicated differential carrier and the shifting dog and solenoid.
I went out and looked at my ACE transmission and it looks like the mounting boss for the solenoid is cast into the transmission case but not machined through.
I don't think turf mode is available on the new 327 Ranger, but I suspect it uses the same basic transmission as the 570, and I also read somewhere that the ACE transmission is the same for both motors.
At some point Polaris might offer turf mode but I bet it will be in a high price SP or LE version like in the RZR.

The boss I am talking about is the round thing in front of the frame riser directly above the cv joint.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I willing to bet we all see want we want announced at the next dealer show in July 2015. Polaris is smart they are developing the ACE in phases. I own the 2015 900XC turf mode loaded with extras. Timing is everything saving and watching for the ACE to come with the features our heart desires :liebe069:

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
turf mode is when selected, only 1 rear wheel is powered and it will NOT destroy a lawn or tear up anything when doing turns, like a regular ATV/UTV does.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Turf mode is when you can switch the rear drive train from a fixed gear where both wheels are driven at the same rate to a differential mode where the rear wheels can turn at different rates depending on the resistance being applied to them (turning vs. going straight). This is useful on pavement, for making tight turns without the tires scraping/chirping, and it also avoids the issue of making it harder to steer because while the front tires are trying to turn, the rear is trying to push you in a straight line.

Turf mode is not necessary for an off road machine, but when you need to drive on paved roads occasionally, it dramatically improves handling on those roads. It also reduces premature tire wear and extra stress on the drive train from driving on pavement.

And it also helps keep the machine from tearing up your lawn when driving your rig around at home.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would have the thing in turf mode pretty much all the time until you really needed the extra traction. Turf mode allows for much better maneuverability and much less wear and tear on the machine and the ground.
I'm still looking for the rear dif for my scrambler but I don't want to pay $800+ for it new. So if you know anyone with say a wrecked 2010 550x2 I would take the rear dif from it :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts