Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to this forum and just ordered my Ace last week. It's a 2015 Polaris Sportsman Ace 570 SP. I picked it up for $11,100 out the door. That includes tax and everything else. No accessories or extended warranty. I like the paint, power steering, aluminum wheels and engine breaking system that doesn't come on the standard 570. I get to pick it up tomorrow. I'm way too excited to wait for it before buying some accessories. Here's my list of what I've ordered so far:

Front and rear extreme brush guards
Super atv 3500 lb winch with wireless remote
KFI winch mount
D shackles, block and tree saver 6' strap
Nurf bars
Soft top
Rear view mirror
Sedona Rip Saw 25x8x12 front, 25x10x12 rear
Dash mount USB and 12 socket
LED lights front and rear

I'd still like the cargo storage box, some doors and front and rear windshields...soon.

...now to just get it all home so I can put it all together and get out there and get it dirty. I'm just going to mount the new meats on the stock wheels. I really wanted to run 10" in the front too but didn't want to risk them rubing. I chose to stick with 25" to keep it low and stable on side hills and crawling over obstacles as well as an accurate speedometer, not that that is too important off road. It's been very helpful to read posts on this forum. Now if I could just find a way to upload pictures from my Android to the forum.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome aboard...
I sure hope you want to add a 3000# winch instead of a 300#. The list of goodies to add seems to never stop. Have fun and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks. I like that...North wet...so true. It sure makes for some awesome scenery to ride in though. Yes, I change that to read 3500 pound winch. First I screwed up and ordered the 4500 pound winch before realizing that I couldn't find a mounting plate and that it just might be too big.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
yeah most 4500k + winches go to a bigger mounting pattern and won't fit most ATVs...which sucks because you can get a 5k badlands right now for $169.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Ever since I saw a steel line snap, I have purchased synthetic. I hope that now that I decided to buy a WARN, their quality is as good as in years past.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
20150117_130221.jpg Yesterday I took the wheels off and had the tires replaced with the Rip Saw tires. I measured my width now with 25x10x12 in the rear it's 50-5/8" and with 25x8x12 front it's 48-3/8". They are mounted on the stock 570 SP aluminum wheels. They look great on there. I took it out for the first ride/drive today in Capital Forest (Olympia Washington). It was raining and I was by myself out there all day but it was a blast. I am impressed with what this thing can go through and climb up. I'm very happy with the Ace and the new tires. I'll get some photos on here soon.
20150117_175049.jpg

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mungo
Duane and I watched a synthetic cable snap one time. In all fairness tho, another machine yanked on it instead of using the winch and the synthetic line came apart close to the hook.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was under the impression that Capitol Forest was closed in winter, from November to May. DNR's website says: "Trails for motorized vehicles and horseback riders are open from May through November, along with the forest campgrounds." http://www.dnr.wa.gov/AboutDNR/ManagedLands/Pages/amp_rec_capitol_state_forest.aspx

Is it only some stuff that is closed for the winter?
Yes the trails are closed. I stayed on the roads and side roads following the power lines.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yes the trails are closed. I stayed on the roads and side roads following the power lines.
I see. The roads are UTV-friendly, but the trails are for ATVs, right?
Basically, I want to know if I can go there in my RZR this winter, and all of the places I would normally be able to go in the RZR are open right now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I see. The roads are UTV-friendly, but the trails are for ATVs, right?
Basically, I want to know if I can go there in my RZR this winter, and all of the places I would normally be able to go in the RZR are open right now?
Yes, you can use the roads but no motorized vehicles on the groomed trails until May 1st. Only bicycles and hiking. It was perfect for me to get familiar with my new ace and there were a few spots I didn't go because I didn't have a winch. I put about 40 miles and 4 hours on it Sunday. Here's one place I turned around because I wasn't sure that I wouldn't slide off the bank or get high centered.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That's a service road? Wow. Pretty narrow and wild-looking. I should get down there. Are the main parking areas listed on the DNR map open?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This was a little side road off of one of the service roads. The parking lot gate was closed so I just parked outside of it. That was off hwy 8 at the Rock Candy parking area.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I noticed that there were about a couple hundred little spinoffs from the main roads. The main roads are less muddy than that? More gravel?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts