Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
If 3-5±MPH is worth $1000 extra then I guess it would be speed. As far as HP, the way Polaris has them geared, there is NO one over the other advantage. I have driven both on the same day on the same Paiute trail and afterwards, bought the 325 for trail riding. Maybe if I was a regular at Glamis or another dune, then I might have considered the 570, but not for trail riding.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I OWN them both ......trust me the 570 is worth the 1000 bucks .
and it's more like 10-15 mph top end difference.
So you are saying your 570 will do 70 MPH ???? I will throw the BS flag at that statement. I have driven multiple 325's and all will do 55 MPH and the 570 I drove would NOT get to 60 MPH no matter how hard I pushed it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
is it worth $2200 incl tax diff + difference between a 14 leftover sale price at around say 6K vs the 15 570 at say 8K.? By the way does anyone want to do 70 mph and why,things could get ugly in a hurry.Just ask the 6 million dollar man! "We can rebuild him" I bet he's hurt in' in his old age.

·
Registered
420 Posts
if the 570 would have been out when I got mine I probably would have spent the extra $ just because I love more power in everything. I am more than happy with the 325 as it is...great trail machine. 70mph gets interesting on my scrambler, I'm sure 70 in the Ace would feel more stable with the longer wheelbase.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I have driven multiple 325's and all will do 55 MPH and the 570 I drove would NOT get to 60 MPH no matter how hard I pushed it.
the 325 being able to go 55mph ..........................
downhill maybe with a strong tailwind
We had some guys a while back do speed tests with the 325, verified with GPS, and the highest recorded was 53 MPH.
I could see a 325 doing 55 with a lighter rider, or perhaps after fully broken in.

I have not seen any GPS confirmed top speed recordings on the 570 posted here yet.
However, it is worth noting that Polaris is notorious for a WAY wrong toe adjustment on these things, and I could see a wrong toe adjustment limiting the top speed of a new rig, especially during the break-in period.

So it is likely that neither of you is wrong, and only with more input from other sources will we know the real answer.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Funny, I want the 570 most when I'm reading stuff on this forum, otherwise I love the 325. I'm going to the dunes this weekend though, I'm really curious what it will do.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I need some paddles for mine so I see what it will do in the sand...don't think I will even bother without paddles on the Ace. The scrambler does fine without but is a total beast with some paddles...but it is over twice the HP and about 100lb lighter.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I need some paddles for mine so I see what it will do in the sand...don't think I will even bother without paddles on the Ace. The scrambler does fine without but is a total beast with some paddles...but it is over twice the HP and about 100lb lighter.
Is the scrambler 4x4? I'm counting on the 4x4 to help out. I've made it up some big dunes in a stock s10 blazer with 4x4

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes it is 4x4. Sand is such a power hog so the paddles help you float instead of dig. I like the 570 sand build thread...tells me the 325 will do fine in sand with the right setup.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Funny, I want the 570 most when I'm reading stuff on this forum, otherwise I love the 325. I'm going to the dunes this weekend though, I'm really curious what it will do.
I know exactly what you mean. I read about the 570 and want one cuz bigger is better, right? But then the 325 has been a great machine so far and I LOVE the gas mileage on it.
I've been to some crappy dunes in mine. If you don't expect too much, it will be fun in the sand for stuff like cruising the dune tops and running down the faces.
But you're not gonna do any serious climbs on dry sand, even with paddles.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yes it is 4x4. Sand is such a power hog so the paddles help you float instead of dig. I like the 570 sand build thread...tells me the 325 will do fine in sand with the right setup.
Honestly, If it's a bit of a challenge that means it's going to make it just as fun. If it's too easy I think it takes something away from it. Some of the best times I've had on the dunes were in vehicles NOT dune capable. Oh and by the way, thanks for those lighting tips they helped out!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I remember duning with a Kawasaki Brute Force 650 and a Brute Force 750 on the same trip.
Same wheels/tires (ITP aluminum wheels, BigHorns). Same dune face. We switched drivers to make sure it wasn't a factor.
The 650 consistently got stuck 80% up the dune, dug in with all four wheels and bottomed out. Had to back down the dune face.
The 750 roared over the top, spraying sand everywhere.

Backing down a steep dune face sux.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I remember duning with a Kawasaki Brute Force 650 and a Brute Force 750 on the same trip.
Same wheels/tires (ITP aluminum wheels, BigHorns). Same dune face. We switched drivers to make sure it wasn't a factor.
The 650 consistently got stuck 80% up the dune, dug in with all four wheels and bottomed out. Had to back down the dune face.
The 750 roared over the top, spraying sand everywhere.

Backing down a steep dune face sux.
I'm sure this is a dumb question but when you guys dune out there do you air down the tires? Over here we take almost all the air out. I used to try to drive a 3/4 ton chevy up the dunes. It would work, I'd get stuck at the crest because of the long wheelbase (8' box - extended cab)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't do much duning, and when we did, we did not air down the tires since we already run them at only 4-5 pounds.
Maybe that would work better, but I'm not the guy to ask.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I still like the 325 personally. My biggest gripe when I rode a new 570 is the speedo. I am a big fan of knowing what the motor is doing. I noticed the speedo on the 570 does not have engine temp. I always watch engine temp and rpms when I am riding, so that would bother me. The 570 seemed to have a nice snappy low end compared to my 325 and did seem faster, of course the 570 I drove was not broke in yet and they seem to come to life even more after break-in. I shall stick to my 325, it kept up just fine trail riding 90 miles last weekend with 800s and 1000s. I think if and when the 570 has a speedo that has all of the bells and whistles, turf mode, and EBS then I might consider buying one. Until then this gal shall enjoy her 325 cruising the windy trails living the dream!! :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts