1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice! Did you have the stock doors?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Enjoy, I have been bit by the bug to trick my sp out and am on the last step which was new tires. Anyone have a trick on locking the bead besides fire. I don't want to play with fire on my new tires but I've tried everything else including ratchet straps but no luck on the last tire. They all were a pain to get the bead on but the last one is proving to be the worst one

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You can probably take it to any tire shop or dealer and they'll hit it with this special air compressing thingy they've got that blows air at an astonishing rate (and makes a ton of noise).
When I watched my local dealer do my tires once, they got most of them to seat OK, but had to whip out the special toy for one of them.

Or if you want to add a tool to your kit for future usage...
Amazon.com: Neiko 30007L Tooluxe Tire Air Bead Seater Tool: Home Improvement

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks brother, I am planning on buying one to keep in my garage. I managed to get it on today with a lot per persistence. Pitbull tires are super hard, I can only imagine how hard the 8 ply would be. I have my fingers crossed that the new growlers are a good tire. I paid $120 each and discount tire had a $50 dollar rebate for a total of $430. Then they screwed up the order and gave me an additional $50.00 off so tires cost me $380. The look mean as hell but I couldn't find too many reviews on them. The fronts are about a 1/2" wider and 1"-1 1/2"inches taller and the rears are about 2" wider and 1"- 1"1/2 taller. My phone was dead so I only managed a couple of pics. Tomorrow I will post some more pics of my Ace completely tricked out. image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can anyone give me a good starting point with air pressure on the pitbull growler tires. I have them at 7 now np but theses tires are hard as a rock.
image.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looking good...
No help on tire pressure...
sorry...
just wanted to note, it's looking good..
better with some dirt on it... hehheh, means you're enjoying it... fun..

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Tire pressure is pretty subjective.

If you're running on sharp rocks, you want a higher pressure.
If you're running on soft muddy ground, you want lower pressure.
If you want more ride comfort, lower pressure.
If you want more ground clearance or better gas mileage for a long ride, higher pressure.

Depends also on the stiffness of the tire.
If you feel they're too hard, let some air out.
There's no right or wrong answer for tire pressure on off-road vehicles. Experiment and fine-tune it for how you ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the pitbulls 26.5 9 and 11 on 12" rims love the tire 3- 3.5 4 psi I ran 3 psi on rocky trails this weekend in Pa they absorb the the small stuff and wrap around the rocks and grab and climb with ease as if the Ace has fingers.
7psi is too much big difference on my size tire
you can contact me

·
Registered
33 Posts
What size light bar did you go with? I'm looking to get one soon. Those Tires are good looking too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Fp thanks brother. Guys I started with 4lb. Let's see how it does I appreciate the help

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yanez I purchased a cheap Cree 20" and I will tell I am very pleased. It's ridiculously bright and feels like a $200 setup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts