Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting tires & was wondering if Sedona Rip Saw tires are too heavy for the 325? front 25x8x12 26.9 lbs rear 25x10x12 31.7 lbs.. I am not worried about losing a bit of high end speed as I don't drive fast. You can't go more than 30 on most of the trails around here anyway.Is the heavy weight too hard on the machine? I was thinking of the Rip Saws because of the toughness & price(around $400 Rip Saws compared to around $500 Big Horns).Some of the places I ride like old logging roads sometimes used crushed mine rock which has sharp edges. I think the hardness of the Rip Saw rubber would be good for some of the roads with good puncture resistance.If anybody has the Rip Saws on the 325 how do they ride? any wobble? Ok in mud?Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im running 26.5 9 and 11 Pitbulls on my 325 on rocky tight trails in PA no issues, work well @ 3.5 ish psi and they have a deep rim guard
you may loose a few mph on the high end but well worth it on the low end tight trails.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would say the 25" rip saws would be fine, they are definitely heavy compared to the carlisles. They get great reviews for most riding including mud. I rode with a guy that had them on his 570 SP and he seems very happy with them.

I really want the Pitbulls, any pics of them installed? I was thinking of the 2.5s(6 ply) for the Ace and the standards(8 ply) for the scrambler.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I've been on a few rides with that guy with the 570 SP 70cyclone is talking about, and I drove that ACE a couple of miles myself. The 570 handles the Rip Saws just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts