Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Rebuilt motor, replaced gearator, motor runs but does not pump oil. Any suggestions on what i am looking for to resolve my problem? I have taken it to a Polaris dealership and they had it for a month and told me the problem that i took it to them for, no help there.
The problem could be the gearator, not sure,
Capeace

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Rebuilt motor, replaced gearator, motor runs but does not pump oil. Any suggestions on what i am looking for to resolve my problem? I have taken it to a Polaris dealership and they had it for a month and told me the problem that i took it to them for, no help there.
The problem could be the gearator, not sure,
Capeace
My crash course in these engines, found there is a check valve on mine it was located near oil pump on RHS of engine removing the outer case. If the valve is sticking it will bypass top end oil circuits. Mine had slight rust contamination off the fly wheel. “Rebuilt engine and condensation from sitting Without oil”
Free up the check valve making sure the spring pushes it to its full return and it should be fine. There are variations in designs of the engines so follow the oil journal and you should see it’s a 8-9 mm piston. It’s a bad design and any gunk could get it stuck, I pushed a screwdriver and rag in the piston hollow and worked it in and out spotting brake cleaner on until it was smooth and lubed. One guy on YouTube switched out the check piston for 2 balls, I wouldn’t as it dropped his top end oil pressure but it’s an option. If it’s stuck your oil filter won’t see oil.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My crash course in these engines, found there is a check valve on mine it was located near oil pump on RHS of engine removing the outer case. If the valve is sticking it will bypass top end oil circuits. Mine had slight rust contamination off the fly wheel. “Rebuilt engine and condensation from sitting Without oil”
Free up the check valve making sure the spring pushes it to its full return and it should be fine. There are variations in designs of the engines so follow the oil journal and you should see it’s a 8-9 mm piston. It’s a bad design and any gunk could get it stuck, I pushed a screwdriver and rag in the piston hollow and worked it in and out spotting brake cleaner on until it was smooth and lubed. One guy on YouTube switched out the check piston for 2 balls, I wouldn’t as it dropped his top end oil pressure but it’s an option. If it’s stuck your oil filter won’t see oil.
It could be very likely some gasket paper or crap came off when the generator was replaced, even the lacquer or coating of stator might foul it’s movement due to it being located before oil filter. As mentioned my prob was from rust bubbles of the flywheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could be very likely some gasket paper or crap came off when the generator was replaced, even the lacquer or coating of stator might foul it’s movement due to it being located before oil filter. As mentioned my prob was from rust bubbles of the flywheel.
tks, i'll check, may replace the spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tks, i'll check, may replace the spring.
cleaned piston , no wear . bore is fine. reassemble, first 2 cranks oil. a few hrs later, nothing. are these just defective motors or what. have read about the 5/16 bearing trick. seems the 325 is smaller, probably wouldn't work. any suggestion. i am at a loss as to the next step. any help would be appreciate. tks

·
Registered
9 Posts
cleaned piston , no wear . bore is fine. reassemble, first 2 cranks oil. a few hrs later, nothing. are these just defective motors or what. have read about the 5/16 bearing trick. seems the 325 is smaller, probably wouldn't work. any suggestion. i am at a loss as to the next step. any help would be appreciate. tks
Bummer,
Did the piston move freely when you first popped the spring out And pump oil after you cleaned the check/bypass piston?

I don’t know what it might be other then contaminated oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bummer,
Did the piston move freely when you first popped the spring out And pump oil after you cleaned the check/bypass piston?

I don’t know what it might be other then contaminated oil.
oil is fresh. piston moved freely. no scuffing on piston or wall. can' t figure why it will work twice . next morning not at all. thanks for your input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts