Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a quick search on here but maybe I missed it, what rpms is the prop shaft turning on the Ace 325? obviously when in gear, in accordance to how fast the transmission is turning.?.

Sorry if this is a silly.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Front prop shaft? Rear axles half shafts? or gear box/transmission input shaft? From the owners manual....Transmission Gear box ratio low forward 28.84 to 1. Transmission gear box ratio reverse 25.83 to 1. Transmission gear box ratio high forward 9.65 to 1 Drive ratio front diff 2.989 to 1 . Not sure if that helps you But as a side note the 325 ace has the lowest gearing of all the aces and most of the Polaris utvs from the factory and its gear set is used in other machines transmissions when they want a rock crawler or to install large wheels/tires. I will do a bit more looking as I was going to portals on our when it was new and have a few notes scribbled down some where.

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front prop shaft? Rear axles half shafts? or gear box/transmission input shaft? From the owners manual....Transmission Gear box ratio low forward 28.84 to 1. Transmission gear box ratio reverse 25.83 to 1. Transmission gear box ratio high forward 9.65 to 1 Drive ratio front diff 2.989 to 1 . Not sure if that helps you But as a side note the 325 ace has the lowest gearing of all the aces and most of the Polaris utvs from the factory and its gear set is used in other machines transmissions when they want a rock crawler or to install large wheels/tires. I will do a bit more looking as I was going to portals on our when it was new and have a few notes scribbled down some where.
Thank you for this! I was driving this morning and couldn’t reply.

tons of great info here 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

·
Registered
2014 ACE 325
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for this! I was driving this morning and couldn’t reply.

tons of great info here 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
I was specificallywondering how fast the front prop shaft turns. Had a silly idea of trying to turn a small supercharger I have off of it lol.. then realized it wouldn’t work because it would spin backwards while in reverse lolol 😂😆😂😆😂

back to the drawing board 🤓🧐🤪

1 - 4 of 4 Posts