Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after a top end rebuild and several successful trips in the ace we rode all day and came back to camp. The next morn the battery was low turned over but slow, jumped it off ran fine. started up a big muddy hill my boy punched it, lost all power. No click, no dash lights, nothing. towed it back battery 12.5 volts. when we got home washed it and found a bolt about 6" long. one of the bolts that connects the engine to trans. any ideas? there are 3 fusible links. im sure one is blown but cant find one polaris diagram where they go.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I feel your pain. There are a few members with service manuals, maybe one of them will jump in.
But considering how much you've got into this, I'm surprised you haven't bought one yet.

·
Registered
218 Posts
there are 3 fuseable links on the ace and all three are in the wiring to the starter solenoid ..................

the relays in the fuse box behind the seat control things like efi relay, chassis relay , each one of these relays control other functions too
like the chassis relay controls power feeds to lights ,awd ,12 volt receptacles and options
the efi relay controls turning on the fuel injectors and ignition coil as well as turning on the fan relay and fuel pump relay
all other fuses are in the box behind the seat

I would be looking for an unseated relay or a failed relay given all the fuses are good (check the fuses with a ohm meter , visual is not always right)

and yeah a manual is highly recommended , the electrical system is kinda complex .
also if your battery or charging circuit voltage goes below 11 volts the ECU is all done , it needs 11 volts minimum to function correctly and it is the master control for everything on an ace electrical circuit .

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you have totally no power from battery there is a fusable link in the red battery lead that goes to the regulator..................start there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts