Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was ridin today for a couple hours. Nothing too extreme. Getting on it often. A lil mud. Didn't get stuck tho. All of a sudden it just died. Then started back and ran fine for 30 min then after that it went into limp mode. It would run but not idle. Got it going. But when you would get into it. It would bog down. Any ideas on what's going on, before I take it in to the dealership monday?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Yall for the input last night I was washing it as best I could at night. And I noticed that that area right in front of the left tire was caked up with about 4 in of thick mud. And figured that would clear it out. It worked, however it fell on its face one time on me and back fired once but then ran fine. I'm going to wash it good today and see if it's done acting up.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still showing a little symptoms. Is there a connection that I can clean out and put some electric grease on?

·
Registered
218 Posts
if you are still under warranty I would get it to the dealer to verify the problem...............................

the regulator will only shut down the system when regulator temp hits 230 degrees or higher the unit will turn on again when it cools to 212 degrees .....will be fine at 212 degrees or less
yes mud caked fins on the regulator can cause it to overheat .

·
Registered
218 Posts
Still showing a little symptoms. Is there a connection that I can clean out and put some electric grease on?
there should be a plug in the wiring from the regulator (the silver box with fins) use a di-eletric grease on the contacts and plug it back in .
you can get the grease in little foil packets at any auto parts store , like Auto Zone etc,etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts