Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my 570SP tomorrow and was wondering what ramps people are using to load there ACE's up in truck beds?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I researched this quite a bit when I bought my Ace. I bought a pair like these. It turned out the Ace was a bit much to haul in my Tacoma. I ended up using the trailer since the weight on the tailgate was too cringeworthy.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Those tri-fold ramps are nice and stable, and the price is right too.

I went with separate ramps because I have more than one vehicle to load up, and the RZR is wider.
I also wanted a higher load capacity, don't like getting too close to rated capacities.
These are the ones I bought, and they're great, if a little on the heavy side:
http://www.amazon.com/RAMP-KING-Alu...p/B00BMDA0DG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

You also might consider tailgate supports:
Tailgate Support | Pickup Truck, ATV, UTV | DG Manufacturing |

·
Registered
421 Posts
Heavy duty arched aluminum ramps from Cabelas. Expensive but well worth it. 2500 lb capacity.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an aluminum set that works for my Can Am Quad, and will try those out first. They support 1500#'s. I did order a set of Ramp Kings that support that for each ramp to total 3000#.

I have a 2012 F350 long bed and was wondering if it will barely fit between the wheel humps, or can I go with bigger wheels?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can measure my truck, but won't head to OK to pick it up until tomorrow. I don't have a 570 to measure here. I bought it over the phone.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Supposedly, the ACE is 48" wide. I found that it measured 47 in the front and 49 in the back when I picked mine up.
But if your wheel humps are more than 48" wide, you'll fit in there without driving over the humps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
F350 long bed is no problem

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Then you can do aftermarket 4+3 offset wheels and probably get away with 26x9 tires at the max without having to drive over your wheel wells. Might still rub.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the factory wheels off my Jagged-X I was going to try.....but I have a ride planned on Sat and will just have to wait on those until afterwards.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
If you are concerned about weight behind the wheels, load the Ace backwards. That puts the engine in front of the rear wheels, instead of well behind them. My wife loads both the Ace and our Rzr backwards on our truck, plus we use the DG tailgate bars that Scoundrel referenced in his post, as a safety feature.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Harbor Freight steel ramps just fine. Regarding Tacoma, I've placed 2 X 6 from humps to rear gate. Note, do not place Ace in bed of Tacoma's with out protecting rear window especially if you have brush guard or winch on front. I made that mistake :( This might apply to other trucks as well...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought a set of folding ramps from wal-mart for $69 and I use them to load my riding mower and my Ace into the bed of my F-150 and have never had any problems.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts