Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Ace 570 temp continues to rise at idle. Fan kicks on as it should at 199, but temp continues to rise. If I drive it around the yard, the temp comes down. Changed the thermostat, checked the impeller, bled the air out of the system and cleaned the radiator. Upper and lower radiator hoses are hot, so I don't think it's a flow issue. I'm out of ideas. Seems to be burning a bit of oil. Am I looking at a head gasket? This all started after it went into limp mode for heat - pretty sure the cause of that was a clogged radiator. 3K miles on it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have you been in mud with the ace? A clogged radiator may cause these symptoms ..Carefully unclog all the radiator with a garden hose be careful if using a pressure washer as they can damage the fins and stop the air going through. Put a torch or small work shop light behind the radiator and see if you can see light through the fins. Mine got clogged by grass seeds/grass gunk early on and it was surprising how little it took to make the machine run hot. If none of that check the actual fan temperature switch they can play up it might be turning the fan on but not for the right time or temperature.. Check the fan blades aren't bent or damaged..On a different type of machine I have seen a fan come loose/break on the fan motor spindle and not actually be turning properly but more freewheeling if that makes sense but the motor was going as it should.. Also there is about 3 miles (just joking its about 6 ft) of pipe work running from the back of the ace engine to the front of the ace to the radiator those little holes in the ace skid plate are great for letting mud out but sticks and other stuff love them for spearing into stuff like wiring and pipes check none of them are kinked or closed off by a stone or stick pushing against them.. If there is no engine oil in the coolant or coolant in the engine oil its most likely not a head gasket. Sometimes a head gasket will go between the water gallery and the combustion chamber making it push coolant out the exhaust but I assume its not actually using coolant after its been topped up and bled. There is also a breaker for the fan but usually if its playing up the fan simply fails to work. If still no joy try taking the hoses off the engine and radiator and "flush" them out with a garden hose to make sure they not blocked by something. I am thinking though that the bottom of your radiator fins are blocked with mud like mine were with grass seeds. Even use a mechanics small mirror on a stick to have a look way down in the fan shroud to see if anything is sitting down there. Good luck,keep us posted

·
Registered
318 Posts
Very dusty conditions will also clog it up where it over heats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts