Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all interested. Trinity Racing has an full system for the Ace 570. I ordered one and they will be shipping in about 2.5 weeks.
I talked to them and it's a high quality system with the oxygen senor bung already installed. I paid $549.99 with free shipping.
Note: To use this system you will need a fuel controller. I have a CommanderV and Auto Tune with 02 sensor already installed on the stock exhaust. Even without a performance exhaust I felt the electronics added significant Horse Power and torque plus a much more responsive throttle. I'm hoping for an additional 5hp from the new exhaust.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
To all interested. Trinity Racing has an full system for the Ace 570. I ordered one and they will be shipping in about 2.5 weeks.
I talked to them and it's a high quality system with the oxygen senor bung already installed. I paid $549.99 with free shipping.
Note: To use this system you will need a fuel controller. I have a CommanderV and Auto Tune with 02 sensor already installed on the stock exhaust. Even without a performance exhaust I felt the electronics added significant Horse Power and torque plus a much more responsive throttle. I'm hoping for an additional 5hp from the new exhaust.

Please don't ruin the sound of your 570 with some old loud exhaust system. The 570 ACES are already loud enough and have a really nice tone to them. 5 HP from a single cylinder exhaust system seems rather high, and at 550.00 averages out to only 1 hp per 110.00 dollars, if it actually would achieve an extra 5 hp, which IMO is questionable.....and then you still need to spend more money for a controller. This mod is looking more like a money pit than an actual affordable mod that the average individual would do. A clutch kit would probably show you more performance than this expensive exhaust system. Good luck

·
Registered
420 Posts
he mentioned he already had the electronics so I can see why he would maximize the potential of his previous investment.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to add, I have a modified the clutch system with a new helix and spring set for trail riding. For those of you that have not added a fuel controller that you can re-map and a O2 sensor to any machine you can't realize how much this improves performance. Not only does it add horse power and torque it adds throttle response. It just makes riding a lot more fun. The performance exhaust doesn't have to be loud to be good. A 75-80% increased air flow is good. Which usually is only 2 db louder than stock. My 2013LE RZR with it's weight to hp ratio and performance upgrades runs with the bigger engine toys, sometimes better. To each his own...but for about a grand you really wake up these little mean machines.

·
Registered
79 Posts
From a couple people I've talked to, the Polaris 570 engine responds really well to intake/exhaust/fuel controller, putting the HP up near what the rzr 800's put out stock (55hp).

·
Registered
107 Posts
OP was just sharing his results from some aftermarket performance products. Not products that everyone needs or would want, I would not need because I only trail ride my Ace. (Don't want it to be louder or need more power)However if I was going to use my Ace for any type of competition I would be very interested in all his results to improve the performance of my Ace. When it comes to racing cost is not that important.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone with an aftermarket full exhaust (header to tailpipe) system installed on their 570 ever have any issues of the plastic back panel behind the seat melting near the header?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
For everyones knowledge....after this thread by Norman.....he posted that the trinity exhaust was way too loud and sold it

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Does anyone with an aftermarket full exhaust (header to tailpipe) system installed on their 570 ever have any issues of the plastic back panel behind the seat melting near the header?
Chestnut......most who have gotten a full system have had to get fuel controllers to keep their machines from running too lean. A lean condition is what causes excessive heat in the cargo area. If they got a controller I'm sure their EGTs are lower than stock so I see no reason for melting issues. Now if they didn't get a fuel controller I'm sure their machines are running so lean as to produce extremely high EGTs and melting issues is I'm sure a problem

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have recently modified my stock exhaust for better flow and have a fuel controller ordered. I did not want a loud after-market exhaust that would annoy me and every-one else. I cut off the stock muffler outlet and welded up the opening. I then used a 1.75" hole saw and made a new outlet in the opposite end of the muffler from the inlet and welded a 1.75" curved exhaust pipe to the new outlet location. I did not remove or alter any baffles in the muffler but by re-locating the outlet,2 of the internal baffles are by-passed. The spark arrestor will still be functional due to the design of the muffler. I did a similar mod to the stock muffler on a sportsman 800 along with a fuel controller and the result was less heat from the exhaust, a little more power and not much more noise than stock but a better sound than the stock set-up. I ran my ace after modifying the exhaust and it sounds good, a little louder than stock but not obnoxious with a good tone to it. I will be posting pics of my exhaust and the install of my fuel controller when it arrives. I have a neat idea for the location and install of the fuel controller so stay tuned !(pun intended LOL!)

Reactions: Motohead and Vandal

·
Registered
510 Posts
I finally have all the components together to install my fuel controller! Unfortunately, I injured my leg at work and am not allowed to walk for a few days. As soon as I can hobble into the garage, I will do the install and shoot some pics of my modded exhaust,the fuel controller install, and a couple of other neat mods I have done to my ace. Hope to re-post in a few days, please stand-by!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Okay managed to make it to the garage and get this done. Here are a bunch of pics of my exhaust,fuel controller install,1" aluminum spacers for the seat rails(this allowed me to mount my fuel controller in a water-proof soap bar box under the seat) and gives me more leg-room. I got the soap bar box for $1.00 at wal-mart. I also posted a pic of my water-pump weep-hole vent hose I installed. This will help prevent sand and mud from entering the weep-hole and possibly causing wear to the water pump seal and shaft but still allow coolant to escape in case of a seal leak. I used clear carb vent tubing, ran a loop around the coolant hose with it and cut slits in the end so it will not be blocked if mud is in the end of it (which points straight down). There are also a few pics of the grease zerks that I in stalled in the upper and lower hub carrier bushings and the lower shock mounts. I had a set of jc capri bushings from a kit for a sportsman that I had machined to fit in the hub carriers and the shock bushings were a direct bolt-in. These bushings are tough as nails and have zero play in them after 1800 miles of use.The grease zerks keep every-thing happy. 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.JPG 016.JPG 018.JPG

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Okay managed to make it to the garage and get this done. Here are a bunch of pics of my exhaust,fuel controller install,1" aluminum spacers for the seat rails(this allowed me to mount my fuel controller in a water

Polarbear....that machine is entirely too clean underneath. You need to talk to Polaris Pig and he will tell you how to get some dirt under there...lol

·
Registered
510 Posts
Okay managed to make it to the garage and get this done. Here are a bunch of pics of my exhaust,fuel controller install,1" aluminum spacers for the seat rails(this allowed me to mount my fuel controller in a water

Polarbear....that machine is entirely too clean underneath. You need to talk to Polaris Pig and he will tell you how to get some dirt under there...lol
LOL! It took about 4 hours of washing,wiping,poking and scrubbing to get it like that after my last big ride. These things really are mud magnets. I always like to keep my equipment clean and maintained all the time. I am not a fan of deep mudholes or wet sandy stuff as it is hard on machinery but if I have to get through it to get where I need to go,the result is a day of cleaning,inspecting and maintenance. It's all part of the ACE experience:drive1::tools1: !

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well first impressions of the fuel controller are good! My ace always had a slight lean mis-fire if it was held at 2200 rpm in park or neutral since new,it never caused any issues when riding so I didn't worry about it too much. I used the base settings for the controller that were recommended by dobeck for stage 1 mods (after-market or modified intake and exhaust) and the slight mis-fire is now gone, throttle response is also quicker. The true test of course will be out on the trails and I will post the results when I finally get out there. It will be interesting to see how the fuel mileage is affected as well.

Reactions: Vandal

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
LOL! It took about 4 hours of washing,wiping,poking and scrubbing to get it like that after my last big ride. These things really are mud magnets. I always like to keep my equipment clean and maintained all the time. I am not a fan of deep mudholes or wet sandy stuff as it is hard on machinery but if I have to get through it to get where I need to go,the result is a day of cleaning,inspecting and maintenance. It's all part of the ACE experience:drive1::tools1: !
Quote Polarbear: I am not a fan of deep mudholes or wet sandy stuff as it is hard on machinery but if I have to get through it to get where I need to go,the result is a day of cleaning,inspecting and maintenance

My thoughts exactly^^^^^^^^^^^^ I ain't jumping in a mudhole just because its there. No disrespect to those that will but it wont be me

Reactions: polarbear
1 - 19 of 19 Posts