Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered changing the rear suspension to make it softer.
Mine rides stiff as if it is a fixed suspension.

·
Registered
80 Posts
should have gotten your shock tool in the tool kit from Polaris with the ace just drop it down a notch ride it and see what you think if your light in the pants like me you might need to adjust more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is already on the lowest setting for the shocks. Just wonder if different shocks would help.
I am new to the suspension setups.
My old 325 Polaris is softer and would like the ace to be more like it.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Mine is already on the lowest setting for the shocks. Just wonder if different shocks would help.
I am new to the suspension setups.
My old 325 Polaris is softer and would like the ace to be more like it.

Thanks for the replies

Buster....how many miles on your old 325. Maybe they're just worn out and that's what is making the Ace feel a little stiff. If that's the case you may just have to ride it like it is til the shocks wear some and then maybe they will soften up a bit. I've ridden many Polaris products and cant remember two that rode the same, as far as softness or stiffness is concerned. But doubt that your ACE will ever ride exactly like your 325 . Two completely different machines. Good Luck

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Where you ride, do the trails have 50" width restrictions? You could go up to larger tires and air them down a little, which would help a lot.
You could also buy custom shocks with screws to adjust valve stiffness, or have your shocks re-valved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts