Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my teryx4 in on a 2014 RZR 900 Stealth Black. I don't believe the build quality is near as good as the Kawasaki but it rides smooth, is quiet, and a whole lot faster. Since I went from 4 seats to 2 we decided to buy an Ace 570 for my wife. We had taken my Rzr out a couple times and I was blown away with the power and suspension. I assumed the ace would be able to keep up on the trails and would be an excellent machine for her to learn on, but the Rzr should be a lot faster and smoother right? Wrong! On rocky trails it actually rides smoother and when we took it on the sand this weekend it was actually faster than the Rzr. We ran them 4 times in 4wd and 2wd and every time it was the same result. The ace would get the holeshot and Rzr would dig, but even when I got moving she was still pulling away. At 300 ft she had 2 lengths and it was clear I wasn't gonna catch her. Both machines are stock except wheels tires. I'm running 28" roctanes and she running the 27" bighorns that came on my Rzr. I couldn't believe it, it didn't make me like my Rzr any less, but I absolutely fell in love with the ace after just 1 ride. Hands down the most fun atv/utv I've ever been on. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't believe it either, that's why we repeated it so many times. Next time we go out I'll get a video. Hopefully we can run them on asphalt or at least gravel so traction isn't as much of an issue. They're are a lot of variables that could account for this result, but I was honestly surprised that the ace would even come close. On paper the ace is a severe underdog.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The 900 has almost twice the hp of the 570.

The RZR is approximately 1200 pounds vs around 850 for the ACE.

The RZR should win that one pretty easily. Probably if they run on out farther the 900 would pull ahead pretty good.

Things might change when they both some more miles on them too.

That particular 570 might be a pre release HO model that might be in the works for the future.:joyous:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The other thing to be considered is that the HP ratings are always listed at their "peak" horsepower.
But when does a 900 reach its peak, vs. when a 570 reaches its peak?

From the picture, it looks like you are running the same or similar tires. How much have the lugs rounded on the RZR tires? Can't tell if they're brand new like the ACE tires or not.
That second or two when the RZR dug into the sand while the 570 took off shows that the 900 is producing more power at the low end.

They're both fantastic machines, to be sure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
in sand I believe youll have the same outcome every time to the aces top speed but get them on hard pack where the rzr can get traction and the results will be way different.imo

·
Registered
114 Posts
BDK,
I added a CommanderV and Auto Tune with a Trinity stage 5 exhaust and also have heavy Rip Saw tires, bumpers, nerf bars, box, top and winch. You would not believe the performance increase. Throttle response is incredible. The exhaust is obnoxiously loud even with the insert. Hopefully when the tree leaves come back it won't be so bad. I haven't squared off with my buddies new 2015 RZR 900SP yet but I will bet the little 570 Ace will tear him up 0-60. I have the same set up on my 2013 RZR 800LE and the Ace is much faster. It's got to be the weight HP ratio.
Just my 2 cents.

Norm

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Talk is cheap. We want the video.
Make sure to run it both directions, swap drivers, and run it both directions again.
Also a good idea to make sure your belts are warmed up first. Drag racing is hard on cold belts.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
in sand I believe youll have the same outcome every time to the aces top speed but get them on hard pack where the rzr can get traction and the results will be way different.imo
That may be true but since neither machine was built to ride on hard pack, it seems like the Ace 570 may be the better performance machine off the road. A good balance of power and traction is what makes an off road vehicle good or better

Reactions: BDK

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know when the first RZR 570 came out it took the hole shot out on my RZR 800. My new ACE 570 will take the hole sot on my buddies RZR 800S but catch up to me quick. Been off of my Ace for a month and a half but the doctor gave me the go ahead and ride today. Hit a top speed of 60 and still had more power but there was a truck ahead of me. Going down a dirt road. Love this little Mach power slides in wash better than my old RZR. Running 2 in spacer all the way around.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It'll probably be a couple weeks before i get to take them out again but I'll definitely get a video. I'm not saying the ace is going to be faster in every situation, but it was that day on that terrain. Tires probably made a big difference, the roctanes are 28x10x14 on all 4 where the ace has 27x9s on front and 27x11's in the back. It was much better at staying on top of the sand. My wife is at least 40lbs lighter than me, I had my 40lb 4yr old with me, an 80lb cooler, twice as much fuel, winch, heavy bumper etc. It was not exactly a fair fight, but as I said before, I was just amazed that the ace was even close, much less ahead. I posted this mostly to let everyone know how much I underestimated the Ace 570 and I am one of its biggest fans. I hope more people start giving it a chance because I think if they got to spend a day on one they'd probably fall in love just like we did.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Wow that seems hard to believe. Must have a fast 570!
Tiger....all the 570 Aces are fast.......60 plus MPH machines. That equals a lot of the RZRs top speeds

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey Scoundrel,
Five of us old farts,(I'm 71), are going back to the Rockhouse Hatfield McCoy trail in Gilbert WV next month and I know my buddy with the 2015 900 SP will want to line up against my modified 570 Ace. I'll be taking my modified 2013 RZR 800 LE also, but he should be able to out run the 800 RZR, although not by much. We have been trail riders for many years and don't normally race but once in awhile we digress to our childhood. I'll try to get a video.

Norm

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hey Scoundrel,
Five of us old farts,(I'm 71), are going back to the Rockhouse Hatfield McCoy trail in Gilbert WV next month and I know my buddy with the 2015 900 SP will want to line up against my modified 570 Ace. I'll be taking my modified 2013 RZR 800 LE also, but he should be able to out run the 800 RZR, although not by much. We have been trail riders for many years and don't normally race but once in awhile we digress to our childhood. I'll try to get a video.

Norm

Will be waiting to see it Norman.....Vandal wonders where at HM you will be able to have a long enough drag race.... I also heard it is extremely muddy at HM from all the snow and rain from the Winter. We have rescheduled our HM trip to May this year. You may even run into trails being closed for repair work so I would be checking with them before going. Have fun and be careful and bust his azz Norm

Reactions: Stubby

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got a video of the drags on sand with a different outcome, in 2wd the Ace wins easily, in 4wd the Rzr takes it. The surface obviously makes a huge difference but I'm still impressed the Ace was as close as it was. Sorry for the commentary, my buddy was teaching my daughter to flag the race LOL
2wd high
4wd high

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One more, 4wd high. My wife hesitated off the line in this one so the other one is a better comparison.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts