Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2015 570 ACE. When driving it I hear a whining noise.
When I let off gas it gets allot louder. It sounds like a turbo or supercharger
spooling down. Is this sound normal? Don't remember my Polaris quad
making a noise like that. Is the nature of the beast or should I take it
back under warranty??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Does your dealer have another one?
Maybe you could bring it to the dealer and ride them one after another down the street, and perhaps have your dealers swap with you so they can hear it?
Do you have a GoPro so you could post a video with audio for us to hear it as well?

I'd be checking all of the maintenance fluids that the dealer is supposed to check in the PDI.

When you turn on the key you should hear the whine of the fuel pump.
When you start it and idle it, you should hear that same whine (higher pitch).
When you get on the gas, the only thing you should be able to hear is your motor.
When letting off the gas at speed you should be hearing your motor, and maybe your tires on the road.

My RZR makes a noise kind of like what you describe when I get above 30mph, and I guess it's a normal thing for the RZR to make that noise.
But my ACE has not made that noise, and I don't remember anyone else here reporting a noise like that.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I just went out and recorded a quick video of me driving up and down the street.
Mine's a 330, so the engine pitch and RPMs will be different, but the chassis noise should be the same.
I basically didn't hear any chassis noise. I heard the engine, and I heard the tires on the pavement.

Anyway, here's the video:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just purchased a 2015 570 ACE. When driving it I hear a whining noise.
When I let off gas it gets allot louder. It sounds like a turbo or supercharger
spooling down. Is this sound normal? Don't remember my Polaris quad
making a noise like that. Is the nature of the beast or should I take it
back under warranty??

Thanks
Sportsman...if you have an ACE SP (The Black one) is it possible the noise you are hearing when you let off the gas is your engine braking? I know my makes what I would call a whining noise when I left off the gas and all that is my engine braking. Just a thought. But I believe the engine braking is only on the ACE SP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys. Its not the fuel pump. Sounds like that rzr 800 in the video when decelerating
above 30 only way louder. It does the whine noise all the the time, its just allot louder on
deceleration. At times its louder than the engine. I think its in the transmission.
Crap!! I guess I have to take it back to the damn dealer. Thing is that you don't know
how long there going to keep it or if the mechanic is any good.

Thanks a bunch you guys are great.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Good point about the engine braking, I didn't think about that.
During the brief time I rode the SP model, I don't remember any loud whining coming from it when decelerating.
I was specifically paying attention to differences between it and mine when riding it, so I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that.
Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts