Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, its my first post on the site. I was literally about to buy my first Ace and the next day they announced the 570 and reserved it instantly lol. The dealer said it should be in 3 week from now, and im ridiculously excited. Was curious if anyone else already put in an order and will be throwing up vids and such.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I went for the 325 in February, and am not exactly regretting it, because I have put 800 wonderful miles on it since then, but I am frustrated by how fast the 570 became available.
I will be looking for an upgrade next summer, most likely, right AFTER Polaris makes their announcement for the 2016 lineup.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty for the welcome. Yeah I was surprised how quick they released the 570. I really wonder if they will up the power even more with next years line up.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Maybe. I'd be perfectly happy with a 570, but I want to see if 2016 brings a factory-installed EPS that is less than $1300 extra, and maybe a ground clearance improvement or something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like the EPS really isnt a big deal on these types of vehicles. I drive my friends RZR around every now and then and it feels fine without. Dont know if its worth the chunk of extra cash.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I feel like the EPS really isnt a big deal on these types of vehicles. I drive my friends RZR around every now and then and it feels fine without. Dont know if its worth the chunk of extra cash.
Depends on where you ride. Cruising on dirt roads and smooth trails at medium speed? No biggie. Crawling through tight twisty mountain trails with huge rocks, tree roots, stumps? Very helpful.
I installed an aftermarket EPS on my ACE and put on a smaller steering wheel. I don't have to turn the wheel as far to get the same turn, and the EPS offsets the reduction in leverage, and does not allow obstacles to jerk the wheel out of my hands. Very nice, especially on an all-day or multi-day ride.

That being said, $1300 is pretty steep. The aftermarket one is $600.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I might see if I can trade in my ace for the new one. But idk if I would use it any different than my current one. We ride tight trails so not much tapping out all that my current ace has now. Time will tell.

Sent from Das Cell Phone Fool

·
Registered
2 Posts
I might see if I can trade in my ace for the new one. But idk if I would use it any different than my current one. We ride tight trails so not much tapping out all that my current ace has now. Time will tell.

I first saw the Ace in mid July, and then got all excited about the 570 Ace. But, I wonder if it's more than I need for the type of riding I do, mostly 50" trails. I then started looking at the used 325 deals showing up, and comparing them to a 570 with the same mods and and lack of dealer incentives on the newer models. I am now leaning toward a 325, and perhaps upgrading to the 570 in a couple years, or maybe a turbo kit on the 325....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Best thing I can say is that, why pay more if your not using it. I do just fine with what I have. There will always be a bigger and better system but I'm happy with what I have now.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I first saw the Ace in mid July, and then got all excited about the 570 Ace. But, I wonder if it's more than I need for the type of riding I do, mostly 50" trails. I then started looking at the used 325 deals showing up, and comparing them to a 570 with the same mods and and lack of dealer incentives on the newer models. I am now leaning toward a 325, and perhaps upgrading to the 570 in a couple years, or maybe a turbo kit on the 325....
I have used my 325 on fast service roads, flat, wide open desert roads with millions of baseball sized rocks, in tight, steep mountain trails with jeep ruts, mud, boulder, tree roots, etc.
I have also ridden it on some smallish sand dunes.
I can say with a great degree of certainty that the 325 kicks total butt for most things.
The low gear makes it a friggin mountain goat, and the high gear will get you to 50mph. But it ain't a drag racer.

The 570 would be a much better duner and mud bogger because those things require engine power.
So it's all about how fast you want to ride, what kind of riding you want to do, how fragile your ego is, and how big your budget is.

For me, the 325 is a lot of fun and has enough power.
But I want a little more power, and, more importantly, lower RPMs.
So I will go to the 570 when I get a chance. But I will pay more for it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
more power at the low end means better crawling on tight steep trails and better acceleration in general.

I would get totally screwed if I tried to trade my ace for the 570 so I will be happy with keeping it. great machine overall. I have all the power and speed I need with the scrambler so I get that fix :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
more power at the low end means better crawling on tight steep trails and better acceleration in general.
Yeah, that too.

I would get totally screwed if I tried to trade my ace for the 570 so I will be happy with keeping it. great machine overall. I have all the power and speed I need with the scrambler so I get that fix :)
I might just end up with both ACEs and no more RZR. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, that too.

I might just end up with both ACEs and no more RZR. :)
Noise, and feeling like I am overtaxing the machine.

OK I thought noise was your concern...I will be buying an ace at the beginning of next year and trying to figure out which one I want...If I decide on the smaller engine I will be looking used.

I only do wooded trails where 25 MPH is usually my top end and some hills so it sounds like the original engine will be all I need.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, I have my Ace up for sale, and the dealer just called me today to ask what color I would get if he were to order one for me....SOB...looks like one way or another, I'm ending up with a Voodoo blue 570!

Reactions: Scoundrel

·
Registered
62 Posts
congrats on ordering a ACE 570.
When we see a ACE in VooDoo Blue you will know it is a 570.
let us know when you get a delivery date or get it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah the one i got is the Voodoo Blue too! Looks awesome in that color, im so pumped about I keep staring at pics everyday lol. I also ordered the Skid plate, front/rear arm guards and front brush with it as well.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts