Polaris ACE Forum banner

ACE 900 XC 50" Wide

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ontimeanthony 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site and looking to sell off my 2 seater SXS for a single seater (wife no longer wants to ride and going to downsize the toy hauler and rig) I was curious to know if anyone has ever converted an ACE 900 XC to a 50" machine or if it is even possible? I love the electronic cluster and the bit more modern look of the ACE 900 XC over the ACE 900 SP. I live in Ohio and most trails are 50". Thank you all in advance.

Anthony

#4 ·
Well havent had any problems yet but I'm sure I will in the future.Since they only made these for 1 year I'm guessing some things might be hard to get in the future,but it does share parts with the 570 and the engine is on other models.I tore up my bed in rollover{which is very common for SP}and it was out of stock for a while but they did get some in.Almost everyone who owns an SP usually ends up on their side from doing donuts 🤣Dont do any donuts and you probably wont roll it

#6 ·
How wide is a 2017 polaris Ace 900 XC?

#8 ·
Agreed, any parts that were 100% unique to the 2016 900 may be a bit more challenging to source going forward - luckily there aren't too many.. and in almost all cases there are viable oem replacements or aftermarket solutions.

Also, the majority of the other major mechanical and electrical components are shared with other Polaris models - some front suspension/body parts cross to the Sportsmans quads, the rear suspension to the older RZR 570's, and the engine/clutch and front struts to various models of the Ranger.

#9 ·
Thanks for the input on parts, duly noted. How do all of you like the ride on the 900SP? I read 2 good comments about the ride and 3 bad. I currently have a Maverick Trail and understand these are 2 completely different machines. I am nervous about the shorter wheelbase on the 900SP. With that said, I recently went riding at Wayne National Forest in Ohio (a 50" trail) and I felt my machine was overkill, it was like driving a Greyhound Bus in an alley in New York City.

#12 ·
#10 ·
I've got nearly 3,000 miles on my 900SP and I'm ambivalent about the ride, not great but not terrible. I did step up the tire size a couple inches and did wider after market front A arms to help with tire rub, which makes it push the 50" width. The A arms made the ride a lot better, and the bigger tires smoothed out some of the nastier bumps. On the down side I've sheared 2 bolts in the aftermarket A arms. The first were the 3/8" grade 8 that came with the arms, next I made a 7/16" 13" long bolt out of annealed drill rod, but it eventually snapped too. I just installed some grade 8 7/16" all thread to see how that fares. There's a steel tube that the bolt rides in, so hopefully the all thread won't be an issue.

I've managed to not roll yet (knock on wood) but I flomped my ace 570 onto its side first time out. I take the corners carefully and I don't do donuts!

I did an aftermarket computer when I upsized the tires. It felt kinda sluggish with the bigger tires, but now with 75hp it feels about like it did with the stock tires.

I will add this as well, I like the size & performance so much that when I found a new one at a dealer a couple years ago I bought it ($7,500) just so I could have a spare. I was glad of the spare this hunting season when I broke the second A arm bolt! I hope to get 5-6k miles before I need to move my upgrades to the spare. I'm not sure I'll do the bigger tires with the A arm issues, I'll have to see how the all thread does.

#11 ·
We have owned 2 of the 900SP for 5 yrs now (bought new). My husband is a doughnut freak and has NOT tipped it over yet. We put a widening kit on when we first bought them. I've been known to be on 2 wheels at times and have not tipped either. We ride a variety of trails & terrain. (From sand to rocky steep mountain trails). They are very stable. Love the centered driving position. Neither one of us want to "be the passenger" so these work perfect for us. Not sure what we will do when these are worn out. I've damaged a couple CV boots but once we put the A-arm protection on them, it has not longer been an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.