Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
awesome pics. what size tires/rims you have on that ACE?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you look really close, you'll see that the rear wheel is a Ranger wheel and the front is a RZR wheel.
That's what the dealer had in stock and I wasn't fussy about them matching exactly.
All four wheels are the Polaris 6" ones. I think the offset is 4+2 but I am not 100% sure on that - Polaris is not very forthcoming with that info.
The tires are 25x8x12 all around.
I chose this combination to keep the width down. I'm at 50.5" now, and about 1.5" of that is sidewall bulge so I can still squeeze through 50" gates.

JSpeedracer88, I think I saw a post from you in another thread asking about max size without adding spacers. I think 26" is the best you can do without rubbing the fronts on the inner fender when turning. With stock wheels you might still rub at 26". The spacing is really tight in there.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. The ACE outperformed my expectations at every level on that trip.
Amazing climbing ability on either rough steep trails or smooth steep service roads.
Amazing gas mileage considering the huge elevation changes and combination of roads and 50" trails - I calculated about 32 MPG at one point. Would have gotten a LOT more if we'd just been cruising more or less flat service roads.
Handled the tight 50" trails easily.
Fit through every gate we came across without touching on either side except once when I approached it wrong and rubbed one rear tire.
I was the fastest rider, with the smallest engine.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I called them last night and they had not received the 570s yet, so that killed the deal. We blew past them on the way home, did not stop.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Want to see what the 50-inch and 60-inch gates look like at the Paiute ATV Trail before you go? So did I. and I could only find a couple of photos that didn't show them very well. So while I was there I took video of all of the gates we encountered, and made this compilation video. We did 280 miles in 5 days, some day trips and some camping in the mountains.

The platform for the video is a 2014 Polaris Sportsman ACE with 12x6 Polaris Black Crusher wheels, with 25x8x12 Maxxis BigHorn tires mounted on them. The overall width of the machine, if measured at the absolute widest point, is 50.5 inches. There is at least 1.5 inches of sidewall bulge included in that measurement, so if we had encountered a gate that was truly, exactly 50 inches, it might have been a squeeze to get through it. However, I made it through the gates in this video without touching, except once when my approach was not quite right, in which case I rubbed a rear tire lightly.

Unfortunately, we forgot to pack a tape measure, so I cannot tell you exactly how wide each of these gates really is.
I can, however, tell you that many of the trails between these gates would be no fun at all to ride with a vehicle that is wider than 50 inches, and in some cases doing so would be potentially deadly.
I did find some gates that protected sections of trail that I could not understand the 50" restriction on them. But the Paiute ATV Trail committee is not required to justify themselves to me.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
looks good...take me with you next time lol
I'm planning to go again this time next year. It will be more of a "relaxing" kind of ride, in the RZR with the wife.
If you want to send me contact info, I will certainly add it to my calendar and invite you along next year.

·
Registered
420 Posts
it would have to be a 'relaxed' ride as I would have to bring the whole family (wife and 2 kids) :)
I need to get up to walker valley and anything else up that way. I am trying to get a coworker from Bothell back into riding.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep. The ACE outperformed my expectations at every level on that trip.
Amazing climbing ability on either rough steep trails or smooth steep service roads.
Amazing gas mileage considering the huge elevation changes and combination of roads and 50" trails - I calculated about 32 MPG at one point. Would have gotten a LOT more if we'd just been cruising more or less flat service roads.
Handled the tight 50" trails easily.
Fit through every gate we came across without touching on either side except once when I approached it wrong and rubbed one rear tire.
I was the fastest rider, with the smallest engine.
That's what I was most impressed with when I went out there. I was riding a grizzly 700 and my dad was riding a can am outlander 500 and the Ace was just as fast and made it look easy.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it would have to be a 'relaxed' ride as I would have to bring the whole family (wife and 2 kids) :)
I need to get up to walker valley and anything else up that way. I am trying to get a coworker from Bothell back into riding.
Lemme know.
We're also doing a trip to Conconully, WA from Sept 11-16.
Might still be possible to find a cabin or motel room.

·
Registered
34 Posts
is this close to Richfield or Marysvale or somewhere else on the system? I have not been there for a couple years and I did not see near that many close to Marysvale and wonder if they have increased them?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The majority of these gates were near Marysvale and Circleville in the Tushar mountain range.
But we ran into gates elsewhere too.
The guy planning our route hit as many 50" trails as he could, hence the large number of gates.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts