Polaris ACE Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Billy have you thought about hittin the tube connector up with a disc grinder .... looks like it will fit if you ground a bit off of the hanger side of the tube connector end.
But you pay good money for factory parts that should fit like a glove but don't fit worth a crap ... and some people think it's funny which is probably why Polaris gets away with poor fit and finished products..... pretty funny indeed

Reactions: BillyBlaze

·
Registered
395 Posts
I realize you want his to fit without having to modify anything but on alot of things like this it's not realistic. I've looked at your pics and it looks like a simple fix from the pics your hanger looks like a j why not just cut the hanger at the muffler and flip it around so it's going through the hanger from the opposite direction? Then when you get time just take into any muffler shop and have a tack weld put pack on the hanger at the muffler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Simple fix or not, the factory parts should fit like a glove as M-Spec said. It`s their machine, hard to believe that they cannot design a bolt -on accessory that fits.

The only thing I can think of is that the 900 is different, and those clever boys designed this for the 900, that`s why it doesn`t fit the 325 and 570. We will see as soon as a 900 owner fits one.

But honestly, a fatory like Polaris does not test their products at all? Before beginning the mass production, they should give the parts to a non engineer employee ( like an accountant or so ) to put it on all types of machines it was designed to. These bolt-on stuffs should not require a mechanic. I would repeat this with the first mass produced parts as well, to make sure that everything is all right with them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Billy have you thought about hittin the tube connector up with a disc grinder .... looks like it will fit if you ground a bit off of the hanger side of the tube connector end.
But you pay good money for factory parts that should fit like a glove but don't fit worth a crap ... and some people think it's funny which is probably why Polaris gets away with poor fit and finished products..... pretty funny indeed
Actually yeah that was one of the first things I thought.
Unfortunately the way it is designed it will greatly weaken the connecting part that hits the hanger, It would have to be soooo thin that I am positive t would snap with weight on it or a super mild impact.
Thats if it could be done at all, the way I was seeing it, it would be ground so far down it would be open on one end.

However Today I finally got a "real" answer from Polaris....
They are coming out with newer design.
Keep in mind this just came out in November.

I was refunded my money today, so I will be taking the headpipe off and taking it to a mchine shop to have the exhaust hanged cut off and turned with the open end pointed towards the cab. Even still after looking more closely at it today, it will also have to have the end flare cut off for this to work.
The end hanger end will still be too long even turned around to not interfere with bolting on the bottom clamp.
But since I dont anticipate much horizontal movement of the header I dont expect it to come out of the hanger once its rewelded on and the tip cut off.

Good luck to anyone ordering these but I would wait till the new revision if you have a 570 :)
I hope my trouble will help someone else not to have to go through this trouble, after all that is why I came here to post this information.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out Billy, sounds like flipping the hanger will get you pretty close, I wonder if there's a spot where you can just move the entire hanger a few inches forward or back so the area for the fender bar is free and open. Too bad I wanted to get a set as well but will def wait for the updated ones

Thanks for the info/updates

Reactions: BillyBlaze

·
Registered
43 Posts
View attachment 19922

Just ordered Body Armor for my new 2016 Ace 570 SP. Hope I like it and they install easily. Just checked the Polaris site and it reads that it will fit the 570 SP. They are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow 01-06-2017. I will let you all know how they work and if there is any difficulty. I will post pictures as well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
You guys are welcome, this stuff is what a supporting community is all about.
It's good to help out your fellow enthusiasts.

I also wondered if the hanger is really holding all that much weight.
I guess I will find out when I pull the header pipe.
It also looks like there are aftermarket offerings that are stainless and don't appear to utilize the hanger at all.
That was an option I thought about and probably will do sometime in 2017, but cant swing the cost of a full exhaust and tuner right now, although I do feel it will help in bringing down the heat under the cargo bed as well.

As soon as I a able to come up with something I will post pics on how I fixed it.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good luck to anyone ordering these but I would wait till the new revision if you have a 570 :)
If they work fine when I get mine I will let you know. If not they are going back. If they work I will also post pictures of how they attach so all can see any adjustments they made.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Body Armor is suppose to fit my 2016 ACE 570SP according to the Polaris site. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. I will let you know how installation works out and if there are any problems. I will also post pictures of any changes made by Polaris if they install easily.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
If they work fine when I get mine I will let you know. If not they are going back. If they work I will also post pictures of how they attach so all can see any adjustments they made.
Try putting on the right rear first (from drivers seat, thats the one that had clearance issues for me.
It will save you a lot of work if it turns out it will not fit.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
Guess you never had your on it side . I did at 7mph and it tore it up .cost me 312$ in parts and I didn't replace front fender just what broke in rear . Any fender protection I'm all for it .

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The more I think about it, I am convinced that this accessory is garbage. Too much effort and BS to protect some plastics.
Hey Mungo, it really is pretty heavy duty stuff. I mean I like the parts just the trouble with fitment is a bummer.
The tubes are as thick as the A pillars on the roll cage, and it seems like it would do a good job at protecting the plastic parts.

I'm sure they will tweak it and make it right in the 2nd revision, and the price is not bad at all for what you get considering the rock sliders are almost the same price.

How are things down south? we had 80 degrees up north today :)

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I'm in TN visiting family.

I was unhappy with the fitment on the first gen sliders too.

I guess I always suspect these companies of collaborating with 3rd party manufacturers to come up with "OEM" accessories with little effort to verify fittment.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
yeah you would think that they would at least have someone test fitment on the machines they are selling them for. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
2016 Polaris ACE 570 SP "Body Armor" Installation

View attachment 20058

All,
Just received my Body Armor for my 2016 Polaris Ace 570SP. The first thing I did was install the rear guard where there was concern over the fit against the exhaust bracket. If you start the bolt nearest the bracket first, then the second bolt (outside towards fender) you will have no difficulty installing this accessory. The space is very limited but there is enough room to properly install them without ANY modification to the exhaust bracket. I have pictures for you to see the install and final results. If you need additional pictures of the attachment nearest the exhaust bracket let me know.

Rich

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you for the recommendation. Did that one first. Tight but installed without conflict with the exhaust bracket. See pictures below.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts