Polaris ACE Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Try putting on the right rear first (from drivers seat, thats the one that had clearance issues for me.
It will save you a lot of work if it turns out it will not fit.
Thank you for the recommendation. Did that one first. Tight but installed without conflict with the exhaust bracket. See pictures below.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guess you never had your on it side . I did at 7mph and it tore it up .cost me 312$ in parts and I didn't replace front fender just what broke in rear . Any fender protection I'm all for it .
Did the same on my brother-in-law's Ace. Brand new and I broke the right side of the rear box (handle broke off) and cracked the right rear fender. Not cheap to fix. I am very glad I now have the Body Armor. Even if it doesn't prevent all damage I will feel like I have done all I could to prevent it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
it would be nice if they had the option of just buying the rear "armor" as i cant install the front sections with my bumper, when i tipped mine over i was on a off camber hill and one rear tire dropped off a ledge it was because i wasn't looking when reversing lol but..... i think these could have saved the rear cargo area from the crack i have now its barley noticeable so im not worried about replacing as of now, However I wouldn't mind a little extra protection instead of worrying about having 500 bucks worth of damaged plastic from laying it over.. but it looks nice on your rig..

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Well it seems as they are hung different on the SP versions at least or Polaris made a change somewhere because there is absolutely NO WAY the bottom bracket will mount on my right rear without removing (cutting off) the exhaust hanger.

I was curious if there would be fitment issues on other models.
Although it is possible that "my machine" was welded a little off from others.
But I am positive that mine will not go on without surgery.
And thats what I will be doing is just cutting the hanger off completely and running my machine without one untill I can swing a stainless steel header, exhaust combo.

I am glad it is working for some people, as mentioned the parts are beefy and seems like they would protect from a pretty good hit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
it would be nice if they had the option of just buying the rear "armor" as i cant install the front sections with my bumper, when i tipped mine over i was on a off camber hill and one rear tire dropped off a ledge it was because i wasn't looking when reversing lol but..... i think these could have saved the rear cargo area from the crack i have now its barley noticeable so im not worried about replacing as of now, However I wouldn't mind a little extra protection instead of worrying about having 500 bucks worth of damaged plastic from laying it over.. but it looks nice on your rig..
I agree. Given the number of accessories it would be nice to offer the individual pieces for purchase. Although they seem tough what if one becomes damaged and you want to replace it?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well it seems as they are hung different on the SP versions at least or Polaris made a change somewhere because there is absolutely NO WAY the bottom bracket will mount on my right rear without removing (cutting off) the exhaust hanger.

I was curious if there would be fitment issues on other models.
Although it is possible that "my machine" was welded a little off from others.
But I am positive that mine will not go on without surgery.
And thats what I will be doing is just cutting the hanger off completely and running my machine without one untill I can swing a stainless steel header, exhaust combo.

I am glad it is working for some people, as mentioned the parts are beefy and seems like they would protect from a pretty good hit.
I hope they work well. I don't want to have to replace any more plastic at the prices they get! That is why I invested in the Body Armor. Hopefully they work VERY well! Still looking at front and rear guards but not sure if Polaris is coming out with a new front guard. I was told by the dealer the one you see most online has been discontinued. I don't want to buy one and find it isn't mountable because of the accessories previously installed. The Body Armor does cause the rock sliders to be about 1/4 inch out from the body when tightened. Not a big issue for me. They will still protect the plastic if I go over a large stump or rock (I hope!).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I have the Super ATV rock sliders and there is no issue with clearance.

I'm glad you got your body armor parts on :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Anyone happen to know if these are made durable enough to take a roll over?
Wonder if they would bend up into the body and crack it?
I have not rolled mine (yet) lol but the body armor is the same diameter as the outside roll cage tubing so I am guessing it would take a roll over without issue and would certainly protect most of your plastics that would be trashed in a rollover.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Today I received and installed (after some modifying) the guards on my '15 570SP. I know exactly what BillyBlaze had to deal with! Had to grind down the right rear guard upper and lower pieces to clear the exhaust hanger. Also found an issue when attaching the fronts. The instructions state to reuse the bolts and nuts with the guards. Problem is is the the bolts are way to short to allow the nuts to be reattached? Not sure how much pressure is on these bolts. I'm going to pick up some longer hardened bolts so I can lock them in with the hardened nuts. I called Polaris customer service. My info was taken down and I was told someone will get back to me within the week. View attachment 21713 View attachment 21721 View attachment 21729 View attachment 21737 View attachment 21745 View attachment 21753 View attachment 21761 View attachment 21769 View attachment 21777 View attachment 21785 View attachment 21793

·
Registered
395 Posts
Your not the first to have quality issues and I'm sure not the last.. the important part is you made it work, good job , I'm finding a lot of my aftermarket stuff needs "adjustments" to make it useable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
77 Posts
Quick update to my post about contacting Polaris about the issues with the guard kit. I received an apologetic email from Polaris this afternoon thanking me for bringing the issues to there attention. They assured me my problems were duly noted. As a goodwill gesture they included a $50.00 coupon to use on any Polaris product. Works for me!
It looks like they will protect the body well. I bought them in case of a roll over. But was pleased to see how they will help keep branches or brush away from the plastics. The front bumper guard extends past the fender and overlaps the fender guards some. View attachment 21857 View attachment 21865 View attachment 21873
I know it's an atv BUT I'm wired to be a pickey ******* and like my stuff looking new :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Yes that is exactly the issue I had.
I never have cut off my exhaust hanger yet, been focusing on other mods as of late.
But I am still planning on cutting the exhaust hanger off instead of cutting the mounting bracket.

I thought about trying to fab a bracket out of steel but decided against that as I don't know how to weld, always wanted to learn that :-(

Anyway looks like since I have gone this long I will just leave it off till I can swing the stainless header that is lighter and does not need an exhaust hanger in the middle of the pipe.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes that is exactly the issue I had.
I never have cut off my exhaust hanger yet, been focusing on other mods as of late.
But I am still planning on cutting the exhaust hanger off instead of cutting the mounting bracket.

I thought about trying to fab a bracket out of steel but decided against that as I don't know how to weld, always wanted to learn that :-(

Anyway looks like since I have gone this long I will just leave it off till I can swing the stainless header that is lighter and does not need an exhaust hanger in the middle of the pipe.
Hey Billy, dont worry about cutting the exhaust hanger off or needing a new lighter exhaust, the factory muffler is still supported by 3 points and will not go any where if you cut the mid pipe hanger off. I have my Ace all apart again and had a look to see what sort of support it has and it looks like the hanger is only there to support the mid pipe when you take the muffler off.... so it can go with no issues

Reactions: BillyBlaze

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Awesome M-Spec!

Thats great news, I will probably chop it this sunday then :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Oh these are cool, I'm gonna need to make some of these. Mine will fit though.. lol. I wonder if there is a possibility of them actually getting hung up on a tree, that would be a bummer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They actually will work with fender flares. One of our members sent me a picture of his ACE with Polaris fender flares and the body armor installed. Looked good.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts