Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have read and seen on the inter web, the ACE should have the same clutch as the RZR 570. Can anyone confirm if a clutch kit for a 2013 RZR 570 will fit on the ACE?

I have been doing some reading on the RZR Forum and they (clutch kits) seem to be a real improvement.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't know anything about the 570, but if you want some pics of the pulleys, check out this thread.

The 570 uses belt# 3211143. The ACE uses 3211149. Don't know what the difference is other than part#.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice thread on belt replacement.

There should be something about there soon.... I really like that Dalton Clutch kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch update...Todd from Hunterworks replied and said the 570 clutch kit will not work and "it might be a while for this kit". I will have to wait....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well I took the clutches apart everything appears to be the same as the 900 other than spring spacer and arms. Arms weigh 36.7 grams I believe so I purchased a 44-60 gram arm kit and I'm going to have my machinist friend mill them down to weight

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know what you are looking to improve with a clutch kit but there is a project 570 on ATVTV.com where he makes a big change to his. The thing he was trying o change was the high RPM going down the trail. The kit he installed was effective but I wonder about lowering the RPM on a 326 cc motor. I think one of the reasons the ACE works as well as it does is because of the gearing that results in a high RPM. I don't like the busy sensation that high RPM produces. I think increasing the cc's and lowering the RPM would go hand in hand. Once again I don't know what you are looking for but thats it for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Ace engine is "high strung". It's a revver.
This is only my second ATV. I've been beating the hell out of my Yamaha 250 Beartracker since 1999.
Both are geared low of which suits me because I work mine and the terrain I use them has lots of gullies and woods.
I am impressed with this little 325cc engine. . It's power band lights up at around 6k....just like my Ducati.
There is no valve noise nor service required unlike MC engines.
The only thing I don't like is the way it free-wheels on steep declines......can a clutch kit remedy this?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here is what i have learned with the ace. Down hill free wheeling by the clutch can be controlled! Depending on the grade of hill, we tap, and goose the throttle going downhill. Between 3000-4500 rpm's does wonders going downhill. Don't let the ace go to idle as you go down. The clutch is Not engaged. Adding rpm's will help you have better control. This method, to me is a good marrage of the engine and clutch. It is not an engine brake, but it offers great slow down power without the brakes. ..with practice it will become second nature as it is for us. Good luck. Hope this helps someone who 'don't know ' !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is what i have learned with the ace. Down hill free wheeling by the clutch can be controlled! Depending on the grade of hill, we tap, and goose the throttle going downhill. Between 3000-4500 rpm's does wonders going downhill. Don't let the ace go to idle as you go down. The clutch is Not engaged. Adding rpm's will help you have better control. This method, to me is a good marrage of the engine and clutch. It is not an engine brake, but it offers great slow down power without the brakes. ..with practice it will become second nature as it is for us. Good luck. Hope this helps someone who 'don't know ' !
I do the same thing. It dose work great I also use low on some hills.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ok. When we are out trail riding, we are always in Low range. Except when we can stretch it out some.

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ok. When we are out trail riding, we are always in Low range. Except when we can stretch it out some.

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE
Duane....that's the difference between the 330 and the 570. When I trail ride I am almost always in high range unless I am climbing a slow rocky incline. The torque of the bigger motor lets you take advantage of high gear, with out worrying about slipping the belt and doing damage. I'd say only 10% of my trail riding is done in low range and most of it is done between 15-30 mph

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Duane....that's the difference between the 330 and the 570. When I trail ride I am almost always in high range unless I am climbing a slow rocky incline. The torque of the bigger motor lets you take advantage of high gear, with out worrying about slipping the belt and doing damage. I'd say only 10% of my trail riding is done in low range and most of it is done between 15-30 mph
Funny, I say the same thing about the 330, only instead of "the torque of the bigger motor", I say "the higher RPM range" and for me, it needs to be between 5-15 mph before I feel that low gear is needed, and then only when putting a strain on it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Funny, I say the same thing about the 330, only instead of "the torque of the bigger motor", I say "the higher RPM range" and for me, it needs to be between 5-15 mph before I feel that low gear is needed, and then only when putting a strain on it.
But most of our riding back East is 0-15 mph with lots of hills. I run in low almost all of the time with my 570, but that varies with the people that I am riding with. One group I ride with moves on pretty good and I will use high with them quite a bit, but we still have lots of the slow stuff even with them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, a wee touch of throttle keeps the clutch engaged and the left foot can apply brakes when needed coming down steep hills. There is good braking power from the engine if the clutch is kept engaged and is far safer than freewheeling down hills.

·
Registered
80 Posts
yes bill you have mastered the braking of a centrifugal clutch. problem is with most riders your head tells you not to push the gas going down hill. ha ha its like jumping out of a perfectly good air plane the whole time your asking yourself why. but your right master the clutch and you have great engine braking.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Clutch update...Todd from Hunterworks replied and said the 570 clutch kit will not work and "it might be a while for this kit". I will have to wait....
Ridinagain from the Polaris ATV Forum runs RVS performance and is a QSC dealer. He can help you with anything clutch wise. Just go to the forum and look him up. I believe QSC already has kits for the ACE, but he will be able to answer any questions of what 570 RZR parts will work or not work on the 570 ACE. Great guy and wonderful customer service

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Interesting Vandal. You owe us some ride time?.lol, windrock on the 21 an 22?

duane
two 2014 Polaris ACE
We will eventually meet up Duane, but when we do you're gonna have to come out of low gear...lol Watching weather for Windrock as we speak and right now they are calling for rain...but we will see later on in the week

Reactions: duane h
1 - 20 of 30 Posts