First one is the 330
Second is 570
With the 570 blue line is the base red is after exhaust system was installed
Any thoughts on this??

Text Font Line Number Handwriting Text Line Design Slope Plot

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nward, it looks like the exhaust made a HUGE gain on the 570. If that is the case, no wonder Norman Lagueux has been saying his 570 has so much grunt after adding the exhaust. As far as the difference in HP between the 330 and 570, that is not valid unless they were run on the same dyno, same day, same temp, same graph smoothing, same tires, same clutch setup, etc. Since the 330 only has about 32 or 33HP at the crank to start with and I'm assuming that the HP number on your graph is WHP, you automatically know it is wrong. The CVT in a best case scenario will cost the 330 at least 15% (probably more like 20%) of it's HP to get through the trans and rear to the tires. It is not uncommon for HP ratings to be off significantly from one dyno to another either. If a dyno is being used for a tuning tool, it won't matter what HP it makes, your gains will be valid. Some dyno manufacturers are more "generous" than others when it comes to WHP numbers.

I would be more interested to know if the A/F ratio changed significantly after the exhaust was added to the 570. Were you running a fuel controller after the pipe was added? What brand of pipe did you use (slip on vs. full system too)? Did it lean the A/F out to the point where it needs a tune for more fuel or would it be safe to run without. My assumption is that it would need some more fuel as well. With a PC-V with auto tune, no wonder Norman says his is a rocket! With a 5 horsepower gain, that may be my next addition to the Ace.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nope, not buying that at all.

We know for a fact that the 570 is approximately 8-10 mph faster top end where the horsepower really shows up and the 570 jumps off the line while the 330 is very lazy.

In a race between the 330 and the 570 there would be no race, at least with the 330 and the two 570's I rode at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Nope, not buying that at all.

We know for a fact that the 570 is approximately 8-10 mph faster top end where the horsepower really shows up and the 570 jumps off the line while the 330 is very lazy.

In a race between the 330 and the 570 there would be no race, at least with the 330 and the two 570's I rode at the dealer.

I definitely agree with you rockman....these dyno numbers are almost the same for both machines. I cant buy this at all

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Not disputing the 330 numbers just don't believe the 570 is so close to the 330 in hp. With a 20% driveline deduction for the 570 the HP should be reading no less than 36 rwhp, and the 330 should be no higher than 26 rwhp with the same 20% driveline deduction. With that said I guess I am disputing the 330 numbers as being to high, and definitely disputing the 570 numbers as being too low

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think they just put the 570 in it to make people happy. 570 just sounds better than 330.
Yepper. I don't know about sounding better but I sure are happy with the extra power that the 570 gives me.

I will give you a hint.. Take both of those Aces out in the alley and run them off side by side with two drivers that know how to drive. There is your dyno.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yepper. I don't know about sounding better but I sure are happy with the extra power that the 570 gives me.

I will give you a hint.. Take both of those Aces out in the alley and run them off side by side with two drivers that know how to drive. There is your dyno.
Exactly^^^^^^^

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I've ridden both, and I can feel the difference in the seat of my pants. Don't need a dyno to tell me that the 570 has more get-up and go. And the GPS tells us that it has more top end.
Not enough of a difference for me to be willing to take a hit of several thousand dollars, given the inherent limitations of the chassis, but enough of a difference to sway a first-time buyer who only faces a $1000 difference.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll throw my 2 cents. I've seen it a couple times now that the 330 is putting almost 32hp to the wheels. Now is it possible that number for the 570 is correct since we aren't seeing the torque?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Now that I have seen the video I'm even more impressed by what appears to be a dyno in this guys personal garage. Now THAT is a man cave!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is just what I found on the Internet. I would love to have the 570 but just can't take the the loss on the 330 I already bought. I had no idea that Polaris would come out with the 570 when I bought mine.

·
Registered
525 Posts
As far as the difference in HP between the 330 and 570, that is not valid unless they were run on the same dyno, same day, same temp, same graph smoothing, same tires, same clutch setup, etc. Since the 330 only has about 32 or 33HP at the crank to start with and I'm assuming that the HP number on your graph is WHP, you automatically know it is wrong. The CVT in a best case scenario will cost the 330 at least 15% (probably more like 20%) of it's HP to get through the trans and rear to the tires. It is not uncommon for HP ratings to be off significantly from one dyno to another either. If a dyno is being used for a tuning tool, it won't matter what HP it makes, your gains will be valid. Some dyno manufacturers are more "generous" than others when it comes to WHP numbers.
^^^^^^^^^ This.
Dyno's are better used as tuning tools and not for comparing different vehicles for the reasons stated above. Same day same conditions same settings is only way otherwise.

The Ace was built with the 570 as prototype for the original patent certification and this was public knowledge but I don't guess it was generally known. It was talked about and some pictures were posted on some of the forums for quite a while before the Ace was introduced.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yes, the Ace was one of Polaris slip ups as far a keeping it from the public. I thought I had a copy of the patent application somewhere but it must be on my old computer since I can't find it on this one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In my humble opinion from experience the little 570 really loves more air and fuel. If you install a CommanderV with AutoTuner its like having a dyno on board. Coupled with a freer flow exhaust it really goes. Personally I had to remove the Trinity Stage5 exhaust as it was way too loud. But I modified the stock muffler and it's works OK without being obnoxious.
The added power and response makes this machine a joy to trail ride. Now to work on the suspension, on rough trails it's bustin my 71 year old bones.
Ride safe all.
Norm

·
Registered
394 Posts
Are the 330 and 570 about the same engine, but with different bore and stroke?
Or are they 2 completely different engines?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts