Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
That's kinda misleading.
The current bid is $99.99, but the fact that the Buy It Now price is $224.99, and it is not a "No Reserve" auction as far as I can tell, means it won't sell for $99.99.
That seems a bit sneaky and underhanded to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The winning bid is almost same price as OEM Polaris ones! Maybe offer 10-15 sets at a reduced price or offer Ace forum members special price to try them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Winning bid $222 this time. That's pretty CRAPPY for a site sponsor to say this!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Winning bid $222 this time. That's pretty CRAPPY for a site sponsor to say this!
The winning bid is almost same price as OEM Polaris ones! Maybe offer 10-15 sets at a reduced price or offer Ace forum members special price to try them.
They were $99 when they posted the link. If ebay users bid a product up past what they list it for, isn't that the idea? If you are interested in their products, send them a PM here on the forum. They do offer a discount to forum members, and were pretty quick to respond last time I sent them a message.

·
Registered
218 Posts
it's not bait and switch
it is typical ebay auction ...goes to full price in the last 10 minutes by legitimate bids .

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I just feel that advertising something at $99.99 that will never actually sell for that price is shady.
A typical eBay auction shows whatever price it is currently at, not a low starting price to draw you in and then you find out it is not actually that price.
To be not-shady, the thread would simply not list the (soon to be exceeded) starting price.
Perhaps it would say "ACE Fender Flares Great Deal" or something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was stated as "right now" so you would look and may get a good deal. All of them have gone for less than factory fender flares. We will have another auction soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts