Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dune season is started. Time to let everybody know how you like the Ace in the sand. We all like pic's and videos. Don't forget to let us know how you are set up. Tires or paddles? Tire pressures? The only video that pops up on the sand shows a lot of promise for these little duners. Let us know what you think and above all "be safe"!

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 325 with paddles will work fine in flat sand. It will climb little dunes 15' under power. It will not climb 100' dunes unless you have your foot mashed on the gas AND you had a good long run at it. I am contemplating the 570 motor and even though I know that it is 45 HP to the 325 32 HP, I still think that it is probably not enough. My guess is that you need more like 60+ HP.

I still find it fun though and weave in and out of the smaller bowls.

I am using DWT DOONZ with 8 paddles in rear and blades for front. I run 2WD not AWD as power is decreased significantly.

Has anyone run modified paddles on front with the 570?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Did you see this post yet under ace rides?: http://www.aceforums.net/forum/25-ace-rides-events/845-ace-silver-lake-sand-dunes.html

I enjoyed the trip to the dunes. Obviously people were passing me with their "dune machines" but I had lots of fun on the ACE. I was running 4 Black Diamond tires on stock rims. I set my tire pressure at about 5psi. The air filter did a good job too, didn't see any sand on the wrong side. I ran mostly AWD but played in 2wd a lot too. I would agree with TED the longer dunes were tricky but the ACE flew up the little ones. I climbed lots of mid size dunes all day (50') and loved every minute. I wonder if the stock tires would do better then the black diamonds because they would "air down" better. I also had one broken belt in the tire which was making it wobble.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have some pretty big dunes in Oregon. I'm really wanting to see these things try to attack those. My wife had a Trailblazer 250 that did pretty good with just paddles on it. I was watching to see if it did that well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just had mine out at Dumont Sand Dunes and it was a blast. I have been going to Dumont since 2005, they are much larger than the dunes in Oregon. I used to live in Washington and I have been to Florence, Sand Lake and Coos Bay, I think the Ace 570 would do well in the Oregon Dunes. I added 2 inch wheel spacers for stability and it made a big difference. I would also upgrade immediately to a five or four point harness, the seat belt that it comes with is just not very safe, in my opinion ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts