Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm looking into one of these ACE machines, but up in northern MN it's all about the mud.
last time out I was riding a buddy's Can Am 650 - just great in the mud.
so the big question does the ACE 570 have what it takes to plow through mud as thick as toothpaste?

·
Registered
420 Posts
it will hold its own but you can't really compare it to higher hp ATVs in the mud. The long wheelbase and weight of the Ace doesn't help either.
I used to live in MN so I am familiar with the mud out there and I would hands down rather have my scrambler in it than the Ace.
Will it work? absolutely. Will it work as well as the 650 canned ham or say an 850 sportsman. no.
As with all the brands/models tires can make the biggest difference for the riding you intend to do.
Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 570 makes good power and I think it would make an excellent mud machines. Tire choice will be the determining factor I think, the stock tires are junk. Personally I think with a 2" lift, forward a arms and a set of 30" zillas (extremely light tires) you be really surprised by what it would go through. I don't think it would be particularly well suited for heavy tires with 2"+ lugs tho and to my knowledge there's not a clutch kit available yet.
Here's mine on a set of fairly heavy 28" roctanes and it has plenty of power to turn them, just not enough clearance without the a arms.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thick mud, absolutely! Deep mud... Not so much. It gets high centered easily in the big deep holes but can go through the slop as well as anything out there.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Starting line products and epi make clutch kits for the rzr 570 same as the 570 ace
QSC also makes kits for the 570 RZR and may actually have one for the 570 ACE by now, but I seriously believe it will be nearly identical to the RZR 570 kit, and actually may be completely identical to the RZR kit

·
Registered
119 Posts
Pretty much anything can get high centered so that's something you'll have to decide for yourself. If you're trying to follow 64" wide sxs's with 15"+ ground clearance than your probably not going be too happy, but if you ride with quads with say a 2" bracket lift and 28-30" tires than you'll do fine with comparable modifications. The set up I described should be good for a real world 14-15" of ground clearance which is respectable in my book.
10.25" stock
+2" lift
+2.5" from tires (30-25)/2=2.5
= 14.75" of ground clearance in a perfect world.

·
Registered
134 Posts
In a perfect world yes you would be right but sorry to disappoint you but i have the 2 inch lift and installed the 30 inch silverbacks and was still only able to acheive 13.5 inches of clearence. I too was hoping to hit the 14+ mark but it didnt happen. Mind you i do have alot of add ons possibly weighing me down that half inch?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure the spring rates are pretty light and some tires run short, I know the zillas do. I'm also not sure I had the full 10.25 from factory. I'd like to hear some feed back on the racer tech springs to see if they provide any lift and to hear how they ride. I'd be happy with 13.5, my XP900 on 28" roctanes only has 13 because of spring sag but it gets my everywhere I've wanted to go so far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well as far as the high centering goes, I buried my ace 570 in alot of water and mud. Only time I actually stopped was in 2wd slinging stuff for fun. But lock in the 4x4 and keep going, literally went so deep I was cutting mud to grade with the undercarriage and still pulling strong. I was very impressed with the polaris awd system, couldn't be happier with it, sporty on the dry dirt and a beast in the wet dirt. I still agree that there are more capable mud machines out there, however the ace holds its own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts