Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on first ride on trails Monday, Spearhead in Virgina, very nice trails, has it all, technical, climbs, mud and even trails up/down a creek

I'll rank my first impression 1-10 and I rode it like I stole it just to see how it was going to hold up

Speed-8-10, plenty, of course it could use some kick in high on the open trails but that being said was plenty enough for my style riding
Low gear-10-10, this little thing will set the rear on the bumper, it will climb as long as you give it gas,friends saw the skid plate a couple times
Handling- 8/9-10 drives great, like one of those arcade driving games, very fun, turning right good left turn not so good
Security-10-10, felt very comfortable , up steep climb not tippy at all, over-all confident with the cage and belt and all
Comfort- 10-10, rode total 6 hrs, didn't beat ya up, I felt great not stoved up, seat good, peddles in the right place, tremendus "giggle" factor
Tires-6/7-10, not a big fan of the Carlise, felt sloppy at times around tight turns and mud
Ground clearance-6/7-10, drug the bottom most of the creek, only a 250 did too, drug on the rutted trails, good skid plate under though
Assessory- 10-10, the rear cargo box was worth the money as was the front/rear bumpers, and really liked the nerf bars

Over all-8/9-10, This is just what I bought it for, Security#1, Ride#2, Climbing#3, Handling#4, 3 out of 4 ain't bad, Mabey put some bigger wheels/tire to help with the ground clearance, I really don't think it will hurt in low end, it pulled unreal and is very rigid, there was a "wow" factor for me there, going to investigate the turning radius to see if I can help it some
Hope this helps on anyone looking to buy one, I'm 230# and it pulled and ran great, very satisfied, had camera but wrong card but took a few snap shots off the ride

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice trail review. This long winter has me climbing the walls waiting to hit the trails. I have 50 miles on mine and they are all snow miles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Assessory- 10-10, the rear cargo box was worth the money as was the front/rear bumpers, and really liked the nerf bars
Thanks for the review. You state the front and rear bumpers are worth the money...did you happen to run into and back into something? If so, I assume you would have done some major damage to the plastic without the bars? Did the bars bend any?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No did'nt hit anything besides brush but I did think that the front needed the bumper because of the radiator and plastic, the rear, like you said a lot of plastic. I think they will take a bump or two from another four wheel to close and maybe sliding into you but I'd like to tie in the roll cage and bumpers later to stiffen it all up. They actualy feel fairly strong on the vehicle. I did test the nerf bars, they do not hang down too low, maybe an inch or so, and I crossed a rock that would have damaged the side if I did'nt have them but handled the weight. Also mint to add the brakes were spot on, they felt very responsive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think the 14" wheel combo will hinder the power that much, I'm telling you it will climb until you let off the gas with whats on it right now, flip over like a turtle I belive

·
Registered
348 Posts
Awesome review! Sounds like your opinion of the ACE is right in line with the others who have been trail riding these machines. It's certainly a surprising and fun little machine :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
great machine. I am 270# and it ran 52 mph with my big butt. no lack of power either. very surprised]
Great picture (after its enlarged its not turned) Looks like a lot of fun. These Ace reviews continue to thrive. I cant wait till I can get out on the trail myself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts