Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Finally got my 2017 570SP Ace and was putting my accessories from my old 325 ace. Rock sliders,Fronf and back bumpers,lower door bottoms. All was going fine until I got to dropping in the rear cargo box. Everything lined up but would not drop the whole way down. I checked part #s and it's the same # for the 2014 ace as it is for the 2017 570sp (2881447) The only thing I can think of is maybe it is heat warped. Fit fine on my old ace absolutely will not drop the whole way down ( a good 3 inches)

If anyone knows something that I don't know I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lock and ride stoppers line up fine and are in the release position. Box goes down to where they are just above the mounting holes. Box will not go any further down into the bed. Sorry no pics as of right now will try to get some tomorrow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That same part # 2881447 shows it would fit a 900 xc and all others as well. The only thing I can think of is heat warp. Don't want to spend another 250 for a new one.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
This is a pic from the thread you referenced what I don't understand is I'm trying to put it on a 570SP

View attachment 22633
This pic definitely shows that the new SP model has a bed that is nowhere near as deep as previous models. The L=R plungers are still 2 inches from bottoming out so that they can be latched. I cant remember where I read it but I thought that some of the Ace models couldn't use the regular Cargo Boxes, just don't remember which ones, but this sure looks like one of them

·
Registered
117 Posts
yeah I would try and rattle polaris dealerships cage because you are right there site says this should work. I just remembered the thread and some cargo boxes didn't adapt.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know that my buddies 900xc and 900sp use a different part number for Polaris rear storage and the box off my 570 will not fit, it hangs up and will not go down all the way , my guess is you need the same box as the 900xc and Polaris has not updated their website info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that my buddies 900xc and 900sp use a different part number for Polaris rear storage and the box off my 570 will not fit, it hangs up and will not go down all the way , my guess is you need the same box as the 900xc and Polaris has not updated their website info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's my guess. But I haven't been able to find any part different from the 2881447 for the cargo box. Was wondering if the QuadBoss Expedition Series cargo box would work. Like the polaris design but had issues with the lid sealing.

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's my guess. But I haven't been able to find any part different from the 2881447 for the cargo box. Was wondering if the QuadBoss Expedition Series cargo box would work. Like the polaris design but had issues with the lid sealing.
my buddy looked around and didn't find a aftermarket one, he liked that my kimpex had deeper fuel can slots, but nobody made one for the 900xc , he had to go with the polaris one... you could alway sell your old one and use the proceeds towards the new style... i'm sure someone on here would take it off your hands for reasonable

·
Registered
108 Posts
The 2016 900 SP rear cargo box was changed to make room for the airbox, for 2017 all ACE got that same rear cargo box. Requires a slightly shorter (front to back) accessory box. The new accessory box fits in the older units, but the older style does not fit in the new vehicles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 2016 900 SP rear cargo box was changed to make room for the airbox, for 2017 all ACE got that same rear cargo box. Requires a slightly shorter (front to back) accessory box. The new accessory box fits in the older units, but the older style does not fit in the new vehicles.
Would you know what the part # is

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the Kimpex box with the fuel can holder which works great and don't have to worry about the cans getting hot. I ordered it for my 900sp and had to modify it to fit and now it is in my XC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you tell us what kind of mods you did to the box to make it fit?
I've been looking all over the net, for a box that will fit my XC

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have a 2017 Ace 570SP. I purchased a Kimpex form fit rear box. when I went to drop it down into place, it lacked 2 inches of going to the bottom of the recessed area. I called Kimpex & they said it will not fit a 2017 570SP, as the recessed area is slightly different in shape than the 2016 Ace models, & they do not make one to fit it.

I then bolted two pieces of 1" x 2" pieces of metal box tubing to the floor of the Ace recessed area on either side of the air box access panel. I then tack welded two bolts sticking up out of the box tubing to go thru the floor of the storage box to make it easily removable. I screwed threaded knobs on them inside the box to hold it down.

The unintended benefit of this type of mounting is that it gives you two inches of storage under the box for spare small tarps, a spare belt or whatever. The top of the Kimpex box (without the gas cans) still does not stick up past the rear horizontal roll bar brace.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts