Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every-one, new member here. After a lot of research and reading posts on this forum, I have ordered a new 2015 voodoo blue 570! I have been riding dirt bikes my whole life and have been riding a sportsman 800 for the last two years. It's funny that up until recently I used to just walk right past the aces at the dealership and was looking at a rzr trail 900. I decided to sit in an ace and thought "wait a minute,this is pretty cool!"I ride solo any-way and the ace looks like a lot of fun. My brother has a rzr trail 570 and his has been bullet-proof motor-wise and gets great fuel mileage which is something my sportsman is lacking-I have to bring extra fuel with me all the time on longer rides. Any-way thanks for all the great info and I will be posting more after i get it and add all the accessories I've got coming.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hello every-one, new member here. After a lot of research and reading posts on this forum, I have ordered a new 2015 voodoo blue 570! I have been riding dirt bikes my whole life and have been riding a sportsman 800 for the last two years. It's funny that up until recently I used to just walk right past the aces at the dealership and was looking at a rzr trail 900. I decided to sit in an ace and thought "wait a minute,this is pretty cool!"I ride solo any-way and the ace looks like a lot of fun. My brother has a rzr trail 570 and his has been bullet-proof motor-wise and gets great fuel mileage which is something my sportsman is lacking-I have to bring extra fuel with me all the time on longer rides. Any-way thanks for all the great info and I will be posting more after i get it and add all the accessories I've got coming.
Welcome to the forum polarbear. I have the same machine as yours and you will enjoy it as much as anything you could have bought. Ask questions if you need to

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, i will be doing quite a few things to it when i get it. The stock tires will be replaced right away with some six ply traxion grippers(bias ply bighorn copies) in the stock size that I have left over from my sportsman.I will eventually get 26x9-12 bighorns for it and use the stock rims. I am also going to install grease nipples for the rear hub carrier bushings and install jc capri bushings before I drive it.My brothers rzr 570 goes through lots of stock carrier bushings ( he does not have grease nipples installed and keeps using the cheap o.e. bushings). I will be going over the entire machine and making sure that things are secured and routed properly,all electrical connections will get dielectric grease, check front toe setting,I am working on a mud shield for the voltage regulator and may make a harness to re-locate it. I always go over all the machines I have bought and it goes along way to making them last and avoid problems. I am tall( 6 foot 2 inches with a 36 inch inseam) and I do not know if I will be cramped with the seat all the way back? I have made some 1 inch aluminum spacers to raise the seat and this should allow me to move it back farther as well after i modify the seat track if necessary. (got the idea from this forum-thanks again!) Stay tuned!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Thanks guys, i will be doing quite a few things to it when i get it. The stock tires will be replaced right away with some six ply traxion grippers(bias ply bighorn copies) in the stock size that I have left over from my sportsman.I will eventually get 26x9-12 bighorns for it and use the stock rims. I am also going to install grease nipples for the rear hub carrier bushings and install jc capri bushings before I drive it.My brothers rzr 570 goes through lots of stock carrier bushings ( he does not have grease nipples installed and keeps using the cheap o.e. bushings). I will be going over the entire machine and making sure that things are secured and routed properly,all electrical connections will get dielectric grease, check front toe setting,I am working on a mud shield for the voltage regulator and may make a harness to re-locate it. I always go over all the machines I have bought and it goes along way to making them last and avoid problems. I am tall( 6 foot 2 inches with a 36 inch inseam) and I do not know if I will be cramped with the seat all the way back? I have made some 1 inch aluminum spacers to raise the seat and this should allow me to move it back farther as well after i modify the seat track if necessary. (got the idea from this forum-thanks again!) Stay tuned!
Polar Bear....forget the seat spacers and buy Desert Molding Concepts suspension seat brackets. Will lift the seat about an inch and give a much better ride in the rough stuff. I have them along with quite a few more members and I've heard no complaints at all Best $95.00 I've spent on my 570 by far. Installation is simple and they even have a video to walk a person through it.

Reactions: polarbear

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my ace today! Spent the whole day tearing it down and going over every-thing. Found out the jc capri bushings I had will work in the rear carriers once I remove a little material from the bushings on the flange side(bushings are for a sportsman 800). Checked the front toe setting and it was spot on at 1/16" toe out but my steering wheel was off by 1 spline on the steering shaft. Centered the steering rack and re-positioned the steering wheel, checked toe setting using the "string method" and good to go. Also found the front cover latches for the storage area were very loose and one of the bolts was falling out! Removed the bolts and loc-tite-fixed. Will be making my shield for the voltage regulator to-morrow and swapping the tires. Got the rear half of the ace gone over and inspected and secured things as I went and will be working on going over the front half to-morrow and possibly start installing the winch,doors,rear cargo box and roof. Cheers:tools1:

Reactions: Scoundrel

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Got my ace today! Spent the whole day tearing it down and going over every-thing. Found out the jc capri bushings I had will work in the rear carriers once I remove a little material from the bushings on the flange side(bushings are for a sportsman 800). Checked the front toe setting and it was spot on at 1/16" toe out but my steering wheel was off by 1 spline on the steering shaft. Centered the steering rack and re-positioned the steering wheel, checked toe setting using the "string method" and good to go. Also found the front cover latches for the storage area were very loose and one of the bolts was falling out! Removed the bolts and loc-tite-fixed. Will be making my shield for the voltage regulator to-morrow and swapping the tires. Got the rear half of the ace gone over and inspected and secured things as I went and will be working on going over the front half to-morrow and possibly start installing the winch,doors,rear cargo box and roof. Cheers:tools1:
Congrats .......lf you need any help or suggestions just say so but it sounds like you are in good shape by yourself. Take care and have fun

Reactions: EZG

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats .......lf you need any help or suggestions just say so but it sounds like you are in good shape by yourself. Take care and have fun
Thanks vandal!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Your very welcome

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a lot done today. Put my tires on, installed extra heat-shielding on the engine cover,installed my modified rear carrier bushings,fabricated a voltage reg. mud shield(made a card-board template and then made the shield out of a tote bin lid,used existing push-pins and a tie-strap to the frame tube to secure it,cut some vents in it and rattle-can black)-looks good and should work! I also repaired the "loose steering issue " I had and will post my fix in my other thread. Installed doors and rear storage box as well. It's getting there and looking pretty good!:calm:

·
Registered
344 Posts
PB, nice you got the ACE.. heheh, but???
When do you plan on riding it?? (just joking)

I'll be getting mine soon and once I do, plan on hitting up in your area a lot.

luv Canada, our great friends in the North, used to go up there all the time, diving... and Wells Gray. I"ve seen some maps of trails and they all look terrific along the woods and sounds, like Powell River etc...

Looking forward to some photos of your rides...

Congrats on the new buggy.. but??? hehheh, you need to go riding eh?

fun..

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I had mine for like a month before it ever hit the dirt, because the weather was so crappy and I was waiting for wheels/tires. Result: Lots of posts with pretty pictures on this forum, and the ACE is various stages of disassembly.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Almost there now! got the machine all back together and only waiting on the lower doors to come in. I used stainless steel fender washers under the screws and big tie-straps around the clamps when I installed my roof. I didn't want to see $200 flying off on the freewayLOL! When I wired in my winch, I installed my battery tender wires to the junction block under the front storage area. I cut a small notch in the corner of the access cover in the bottom of the storage area and now when I get back from a ride i just open the storage cover and plug it in to the tender(easier than gaining access to the battery)! Looking forward to getting it out and doing some exploring!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all! I'm brand new to this forum. My riding has been off road M/C for the past 50 years and I find that those days are long gone! (74 years young). I just gotta get out there some how, so I have chosen the new ACE 900 SP. My dealer cannot tell me when they will be shipping? Does anyone have some info? By the way my user name is SmokeyBear because I will be riding a lot in the Smokey Bear District of the Sacramento Mountains of New Mexico. Really looking forward to this new era in my outdoor adventures. I sure do wish we could get New Mexico to open up the streets and secondary highways for UTV use? Anyone have an update?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
You want to talk to FPoole. He's ordered one and is breathing down his dealer's neck, so he'll have current info.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome to the forum SmokeyBear! I ordered new ACE 900, I don't expect shipment until mid to late September. I think Polaris is focused on moving the Turbo RZRs & 1000S etc.. big ticket items first. I'm in Georgia riding season stays open.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have noticed that in the Specs for the 900 SP that the Dry Weight is up by about 85 lbs. over the 570. Could this all be in the engine?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey there Smokey,

As Scoundrel mentioned, I have one on order but dealer, last reported apx :30-min ago, says Pooo ain't giving out info.
He said it could be next week or end of month (Sept)...
just can't get anything at all and he has a formal update shipping request in with them.

He ordered mine at the conference just to get ahead of the crowd and Poooo is not saying a thing...

I'll post as soon as i hear anything of course.. till then? Hang loose and welcome to the forum, heheh..

I want to do some riding down there, hopefully we'll have them before then, LOL...

stay tuned...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts