Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Ace 570 and I love it but I don't get to use it to much because every time I go riding my kids go with me and my daughter takes the Ace. I found a 2019 polaris RS1. With low hours on it and in great shape the guy wants 10 thousand for it . Does any one have an RS1 I want to see how they like them . the one thing I love about the Ace is the size I can take it any were a atv can go and the RS1 is a lot larger. Should I just look for another Ace like maybe a used 900 or go for the RS1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would go with the Rs1 just because it replaced the Ace. So parts availability will start to become an issue in a few short years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
the Rs1 is big machine, i just bought a 900xc and i love it, although i also have a Ace 570 that i wouldn't get rid of for anything. the 570 WILL go just about go anywhere and from what ive heard size does matter, the 570 will go on all the trails all the other atv's can go, so size does make a big difference.. I ride an Ace because I only have one arm, I was in a pretty bad motor cycle accident twenty yrs ago, and then I broke my neck two yrs ago and I needed a better suspension so I bought the 900xc and it does ride a little better, but I heard the RS1 has even a better suspension, but with my luck I'll keep away from the power of the RS1. lol good luck with your search you have alot to think about, again good luck please be safe.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have bot a 570 ACE and an RS1.
They are both good.
But if you are riding trails that are wide enough for the RS1 that is the one to get.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Clarification.

The group I ride with are almost all sxs's.
Some of our trails have gotten deep ruts and it got to where the narrow track of the 570 would only have one side in the ruts so that didn't work very well. The ride of my 570 is fairly good for one with struts with the mods I have done but there is no comparison to the RS1. We also have some deep washouts that a wider vehicle has less problems getting through.
A 900 XC might be a good compromise. I have never ridden one of those on a trail. I debated about getting one of those before I bought my RS1 but over all my RS1 is the most fun sxs/atv vehicle I have owned and they are tough vehicles with the best drive train ever put in a Polaris. All of the vents are up high and they are snorkeled and the radiator is in the back. You might want to change the seat to a better one.

But they are different for sure. The larger one takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dunno. My wife loves her ace 900sp, but the reason we even started looking at aces is the size. We can put it sideways on out trailer. Even the 900 xc's are short enough for that..
The rs1 on the other hand, is bigger in all dimensions than an rzr 900s, and just 7" shorter than an xp1000, so at that point, you might as well just go with an rzr imo, unless your biggest must have is a single seat...

·
Registered
514 Posts
If your Main thing is size then stick with an Ace.
If your main thing is performance in every category compared to the Ace then get the RZR.
If your main thing is performance and a better built, tougher, more nimble and more fun vehicle than the RZR 1000 then get an RS1 and a bigger trailer. You can get both for less than you would pay for a 1000 RZR.
JMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts