Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ACE owners, How is the ride quality of the Ace?
This is my only real concern with this machine, I know it will be great on the trails, but I don't want to be beat to death on the rough trails I ride.

I followed one on a trail ride last night, and it looked to me that the rear sway bar prevented the rear suspension from working very well.
Have any of you removed the sway bar, to allow the rear to move independently, and if so how did you like it ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
ah the great swaybar debate...love it or hate it.
It can make a big difference for articulation of course but you have to be more careful at higher speeds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The ace is a lot more comfortable in the seat than it looks from behind. With that, I will say that it is set up very sport utility compared to an XP or a rzr.

·
Registered
420 Posts
well it is great for wooded/rocky trails and I don't think you would mind the swaybar disconnected for that at all.
a lot of people will crank up the rear springs to stiffen it up a bit with the bar unhooked.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think it rides nice. I've had two hip surgeries in the last year and a half and am really unable to rid a quad. I was very concerned about the ride quality but have been impressed overall. I was on a trail with a lot of whoops that eventually made me "carsick" not so much from the bumps but the up and down and side/side action. Seems to do well over other bumps.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
More comfortable than an ATV, less comfortable than a RZR S. Not sure about standard RZR.
You can help the getting beat to death thing with a set of suspension seat brackets. They're cheap, and it puts a suspension on your seat bottom. RZR forum guys have all kinds of good things to say about them. I've installed mine but have not yet ridden with them on.

http://www.aceforums.net/forum/30-ace-accessories/738-suspension-seat-brackets.html#post6146

The sway bar thing really is a matter of preference. At least one forum member here has removed it and is very happy with the results. If you feel that there is too much body roll after removing it you could replace the springs with progressive ones. I guess that makes a huge difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts