Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a blast with the ACE on the dunes. Area views were excellent. Lake Michigan was cooold. No paddle tires so I had to give it lots of throttle to get up the longest dune. As the day went on the sand became very deep and more challenging. Overall pleased with the ACE, fun times.

·
Registered
420 Posts
a lot of that sand look reasonably firm, was it? the reason I say that is you can actually see well defined tracks from previous vehicles and the quad that was near you didn't put up much of a roost. I noticed some of the really soft stuff at the crests and other areas.
Looks like it did really well and it didn't seem like you were flogging it to death to get it move. I do like the sand...cleaner and a little softer when you land :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a lot of that sand look reasonably firm, was it? the reason I say that is you can actually see well defined tracks from previous vehicles and the quad that was near you didn't put up much of a roost. I noticed some of the really soft stuff at the crests and other areas.
Looks like it did really well and it didn't seem like you were flogging it to death to get it move. I do like the sand...cleaner and a little softer when you land :)
Yea most of the flatter spots were fairly firm, in fact 2wd would get me quite far until the med/larger hill climbs. We've had plenty of rain and cold nights to firm it up. High winds left some impressive "cliffs" I drove over a couple smaller ones in the video. I noticed once the sand got really deep, pumping the throttle would help pull me along on a tough climb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts