Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Ace in Oct. of this year. I LOVE IT!! I have installed the poly top and Polaris 2500 winch since the purchase. My dealer is going to honor one of the online $250 accessory coupons and I want to get the full windshield for cold and wet weather riding. My question is has anyone bought the full windshield and how do you like it? Does it completely cover or is it not contured to fit the top of th dash? Close up pics of the lower portion of the windshield would help.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I suggest that you take a close look at the Extreme Metal Products windshield. You can get that AND a rear window for close to Polaris's price for just the windshield. You could use the coupon for a trunk box or something.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked up my new windshield today!! Can't wait to get it on. I went with the Polaris windshield because $ is tight and I only had to put $52 with the coupon to get it. EMP windshield $140 or Polaris one for $52! Y'all may not agree but that's what was best for me. Thanks for the input and if I had the $ to spend I probably would have went with EMP and used the coupon for something else.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Picked up my new windshield today!! Can't wait to get it on. I went with the Polaris windshield because $ is tight and I only had to put $52 with the coupon to get it. EMP windshield $140 or Polaris one for $52! Y'all may not agree but that's what was best for me. Thanks for the input and if I had the $ to spend I probably would have went with EMP and used the coupon for something else.
Did it fit the way you wanted it to or is it a pos. I got the Polaris rear poly window and it fit just fine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fit is great! Just gonna be annoying taking it off every time I haul it in the bed of my truck! I have the poly top also and I really hate to remove them both to haul.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
You can either add extra hardware to ensure that they don't come off, or you can buy a cover to put over the whole ACE as a windbreaker.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fit is great! Just gonna be annoying taking it off every time I haul it in the bed of my truck! I have the poly top also and I really hate to remove them both to haul.
Just wondering why you'd have to take it off while hauling it in the back of your truck? i've got the same thing on my wife's ace and i've never removed it and i haul it about 100 miles each way running 80 mph

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I've never had a canvas top come off, or heard anyone else have that happen.
They do flap quite a bit, so there could be a concern about premature wear, but I haul with the canvas top on all of the time and mine get damaged by trees and stuff long before they wear out from flapping in the wind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I made four small slits in my windshield, two at the bottom and two at the top next the regular mounts and put 1 inch Velcro through it just to be safe.
Maybe not be needed but sure makes me feel better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts