Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
I went with this wiper. i think it was the same price. I had to make and angled shim so that it would fit the bend at the top of the EMP windshield. I haven't used it much and actually don't plan too. I bought it to meet the street legal requirement. I'm gonna keep it in my box, just in case. It will have a small missed spot due to the curve in the windshield. What windshield do you have?

Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive wheel system Wheel Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle Room Roof rack Auto part

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My windshield is homemade out of lexan polycarb. theres a guy in calf. that has a cabinet shop who sells scraps 24''x30'' for $25 and it is the m-10 coated kind ! (scratch resistant). My windshield seals all the way across the bottom. and fits tight to the roof so i coud'nt use the clamp type ! had to drill for this one ! they dont tell you on the sites but this one the arm slides in and out to hit different parts of the windshield. Worked well in the snow!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My windshield is homemade out of lexan polycarb. theres a guy in calf. that has a cabinet shop who sells scraps 24''x30'' for $25 and it is the m-10 coated kind ! (scratch resistant). My windshield seals all the way across the bottom. and fits tight to the roof so i coud'nt use the clamp type ! had to drill for this one ! they dont tell you on the sites but this one the arm slides in and out to hit different parts of the windshield. Worked well in the snow!
hey Mike69, do you have that guys information? i'd love to get a couple of them from him, even the mr10 gets where you can't see thru it in after a few good mud rides

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with this wiper. i think it was the same price. I had to make and angled shim so that it would fit the bend at the top of the EMP windshield. I haven't used it much and actually don't plan too. I bought it to meet the street legal requirement. I'm gonna keep it in my box, just in case. It will have a small missed spot due to the curve in the windshield. What windshield do you have?

View attachment 2246 View attachment 2247 View attachment 2248
Vinny, where did you get that whipper?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm using the Sea dog wiper from Amazon. You have to drill a hole, but it seals up good with the supplied gasket. About 30.00.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I installed the sea dog. It's ~$21 new. Another marine one was ~$50 and EMP was around ~75...
Put the windshield on last night

Ready for winter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Just ordered one of these for my RZR. Got out and used my squeegee to clear the windshield three times on today's ride. Would have used this wiper a bunch more than that.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've got the Sea Dog as well. I modified it to use a Trico 13" wiper arm and blade. Much better than the one it comes with, plus I can get a new one almost anywhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just got my windshield done too, wow do they really fog / water drop up to where I wish I had no windshield..... I'm going to try spraying some of that Neverwet stuff on it and see if it helps and maybe some of that diving mask no fog stuff on the inside ..... well fingers crossed it will work.

Reactions: Rduhon

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
wow do they really fog / water drop up to where I wish I had no windshield.....
Until you splash through a puddle a bit too fast and a sheet of water hits it (and not you), or the guy in front of you stomps on the gas and splatters mud all over it (and not you).

·
Registered
347 Posts
Until you splash through a puddle a bit too fast and a sheet of water hits it (and not you), or the guy in front of you stomps on the gas and splatters mud all over it (and not you).
Yup that was me this weekend .... got thoroughly splattered with water and mud, agreed nice not to get soaked but the reduced visibility can make it hard to see surprises coming up on the trail.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Made a.trip Saturday and ran out the woods during. 3 inch rain storm. Worked pretty good. The rain was so heavy I didn't have to worry about mud. Wind screen helps keep a lot of water.off of me. And stops that nuisance puddle from the roof off of me.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Yup that was me this weekend .... got thoroughly splattered with water and mud, agreed nice not to get soaked but the reduced visibility can make it hard to see surprises coming up on the trail.
Yeah, that's why I stop and use the squeegee. Which is fine if I am leading, but not so much if I am following. If following, I lift the flip-up windshield, and the result is that I get wet and cold and my glasses get water droplets all over them (can't stand goggles, which would also get water all over them). And that is where this here manual wiper thingy comes in.

Windshields are definitely a mixed blessing. The flip-up ones are more versatile. Shame nobody makes one for the ACE yet. Had to make my own.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Pry the stock wiper and arm off, slide the new Trico on in its place. I'm not sure if that's a mod,or just a replacement. Mod sounds cooler though. ☺

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scoundrel

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Got mine today. Much smaller than I was imagining. 'Course I didn't read the specs before purchase. Should be fine though. I see why you'd want a larger, better blade on it.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
OK, maybe I am am idiot, but I don't see how this thing is supposed to go together. No instructions with it.

it looks like the dot is supposed to go into the hole, but the little springy tongue thing gets in the way, and would have to be bent out of shape.
With that out of the way, it looks like I could put the thing together and fold over the tabs to hold it in place.
But if that's what I am supposed to do, why is the little springy tongue thing even there to begin with?

View attachment 4668

1 - 20 of 34 Posts