Polaris ACE Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crazy my dealer is still sitting on Ace number two (since March) that they bought mine being the first, which I picked up the day it arrived lol! The area I live in it would be hard to use the speed capabilities that bigger machines have without a serious mishap, that's why its so boggling to me that the Ace is not selling in my neck of the woods. I have seen while at the dealer lots of people looking at saying it doesn't have a big enough motor! Then I chime in that I own one, and while it may not have the biggest motor it will keep up with the big boys all day long! Hell I ride with an 800 Ranger midsize every ride, no trouble keeping up! I tell them how awesome it is and still Motor, motor, motor, cc,cc,cc blah blah if people only knew just how much fun these machines are on tight windy trails, just how much they will go through, and fun to ride in general their minds would surely change. Maybe people are holding off to see the 60th line-up or the fact that it is a first production year. I myself am not too sure we will see a bigger motor maybe more colors or an LE edition, but would not hold my breath over a bigger motor just yet. As for me I am happy with my Ace's abilities and I understand that Polaris has started a new trend and it will only get better. I will wait a few years after I have logged tons of miles on my Ace before I upgrade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A lot of people all say the same thing,that engine is to small,then we tell them it has the same horsepower of the old Fuji 500 engine from Sportsman's.
Then they start thinking,that will be good for kids,then we tell them the age of the drivers we sold them too,then they second guess themselves about small engine quote.
We have sold 8 aces,everyone that bought them love them.
Women,older dudes and younger dudes,they all think they are a blast.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Anyone who can't see past the CC numbers and recognize that it's a great trail machine that gets up and goes, is simply missing out.
The sand dunes are the only place where it doesn't have oodles of performance to give. Fortunately, I'm not a duner.
For nearly all of the places I ride, the ACE has power and speed aplenty.
I don't go faster in the RZR or the Grizzly there, because it's dangerous to go that fast on that terrain.

But it is a hard leap for potential buyers to make if they are not constrained by width or wheel base.
If I had not been searching for a machine that was as comfortable as the RZR and could go where the ATVS go, I might not have bought one.
The limited test drive ability (on pavement, up and down the block) at the dealer certainly would not have sold me on it.
I still don't know of anyone else local who has bought one, and have not seen one on the trail other than mine.

Even now, I would not mind a larger engine, so it purrs instead of growling, and to feel those tires spin madly when I floor it.
But I'm happy with it for the most part.
If they come out with a larger engine, with EPS built in, I will probably sell my Gen1 ACE and buy the new one - as long as the length and width stay the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While in Moab for Rally On The Rocks the Mrs. and I went to the Polaris demo rides where they had the ACE out. We love our RZR and I have been nothing but happy with the performance and reliability of our 570 Pro-Star engine, but she would like a little more wheel time. We drove the Ace and were both very impressed. Very agile, decent suspension for a trail machine and we both thought it had more than enough power. Anyone who is caught up on the size of the engine needs to pull their head out of their...well you know...and just take one out for a drive. I think Polaris has a hit here. Too bad people get too caught up on what doesnt really matter cause they are missing out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a friend whom is caught up on horsepower and it drives me insane! He had an 800 XP, and when I say had I mean had! He rolled it multiple times riding 60 mph on railroad grade came around a corner to a downed tree swerved and well you can just imagine what happened! Knocked unconscious for at least 45 minutes and woke up looking at he receiver hitch! Bumps and bruises were the extent of his injuries, lucky to be alive. Riding alone which in my opinion is a no no and too fast, but yet has a perfectly good Sportsman 400 to ride and when we ask him to take it and we will all go riding he won't because he says it isn't fast enough....Really!? I am a girl whom can drive hell I raced stock cars for a few years and did very good but still I don't need to be balls out for a lack of better terms lmao all of the time. The Ace suits me fine and I am so glad to hear others are impressed like me by it, it's power, and fun factor!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sure if you want the extra power and have the money, buy a Rzr. I sold my Rzr-s and bought the Ace. I'm not missing any speed and I love the places I can go with the Ace I couldn't get to with the Rzr-s. Saved a bunch of money too! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Even if they did come out with it I still think I would keep this ace and Maybe get another one. I was out riding today. I broke the tip of my finger and couldn't ride the dirt bike. Took this sister-in-law out. I rode the ace, she rode a grizzly 450, which I can smoke. Well, she was going down a slight hill little too fast got sideways and rolled it once landing on the wheels. She got under it and it bruised her ankle a little. She was VERY lucky. That said, the ace with its roll cage and the way its set up is PERFECT for almost 90% of riders out there. I prefer it now to any utility quad and I can't WAIT to take it hunting. I plan on getting the winch and front and rear bumper for it and thats about it.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I plan on getting the winch and front and rear bumper for it and thats about it.
I recommend that you look into the EMP winch mount, and a Warn or Viper rather than the Polaris winch kit. The price is comparable, but the EMP mount is tougher.
Polaris wants too much for the fascia piece that goes under the winch if you break it - and it is fragile.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This engine may sound small but it performs big time. Just bought mine 4 days ago (6- 28-14) and went riding 3 of them. This machine can climb I tell you. If you have the nerve to try it will climb it, I had a hill I had to back down because it was still climbing and I thought it might come over it was so steep. It goes an honest 50 mph on the flats. Im on the small side of size and had 3 friends medium to large try it. They all loved it and it climbed with them just like it did for me. Big things sometimes come in small packages...this is one of them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
On the Rzr forums they are all talking about the new 110 hp 2015 1000 XP, on a Ride Now video they talk about the new 1000 and mention the models that are being carried over for 2015 one of them is the Ace, no mention of any upgrades though. They also say to standby for more exciting news to come from Polaris for model year 2015!!! I still feel that the Ace won't see much in the way of upgrades this soon. (unfortunately) No mention of any 900s yet, and only the 570 in a 50 inch, and the 800 Rzr 4 no "S" models yet either.... very interesting Polaris knows how to build suspense!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
1000 XP gets 3 more HP and a new clutch cover in intakes.
New colors also.
The 325 ace is carried over but there will be many new models coming at the end of month.
You will see new 50 inch RZR ,60 inch also.
All new design.
The only RZR change over from last year that will not change is the RZR4 800,570 base.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad everyone likes what they have but maybe it's just a thing down in the US that the most popular engine sizing is the 500 range. Honestly the majority of people up here ride 800's and up. And the 32 hp is just not enough power to do what I want. And it's not sand dunes as those are few and far between up here. I ride mud. More mud than the little motor on the ace could handle. When the mud is so deep that my 80 hp has trouble turning my silver backs and the only part of my quad visible is the 24" snorkels is when I'm having a blast and there's no way that the ace as it currently is could handle it. I love the look design and concept of it I'm just waiting for more power. I want an 850xp ace with eps and more width. Width doesn't matter because we don't have to only ride sanctioned trails in atv parks as most of our country is crown land for everyone to use freely.

I'm not trying to tell you that you're having fun the wrong way or anything I'm just saying that it doesn't serve my purpose yet and I hope that Polaris expands the engine choices so they can expand their sales and grow this new way to off road.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
No machine is perfect for every rider and every kind of terrain. It's just too diverse a sport, and that's what makes it great.

It's not only engine size that makes the ACE not so great for mudding. The ground clearance ain't great either, and in order to put large tires on the front, you gotta add spacers so you don't rub the struts. Making it wider of course limits the options for where you can ride it. Even if you do that they put the seat low for stability, so that puts the rider's butt underwater in deep mud holes.

Clearly the ACE was not designed for duning or mudding.

But it WAS designed for low to medium speed narrow trails, fuel economy, comfort and safety. And for the people who want that, it's fantastic. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is EXACTLY what I want, Scoundrel.

Thanks. I am going to see one tomorrow, but I am in, I think.

My only remaining concern at this point is whether it needs power steering.

The dealer I'm going to in the morning has no place to ride it, but I figure if I can turn the wheel lock-to-lock sitting still on pavement without tearing a rotator cuff, it should be OK on dirt.

Am I right that that is a good test?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.