Polaris ACE Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just recently purchased a 2018 Ace 500 for my wife, she loves it more than any ATV or dirt bike she has previously owned by the way. Before the wife got the 500 she had a Suzuki king quad 400 and I still have a quad that I ride. I had just purchased a new carry on 7 x 12 trailer to haul the two king quads. The carry on trailer is a 2990 lb GVWR wood floor trailer with a rear load ramp as well as a side load ramp. This was of course, a perfect trailer for the two quads since the trailer has a payload capacity of 2000 lbs. After seeing how much fun the wife was having with her Ace I think I may have caught the Ace bug too. I am looking at the Ace 900 XC but am having trouble finding out some info about the 900 as well as the 500 we already own. So according to the manual we have with the 500 it says the estimated dry weight is 846. I checked the Polaris web site and it says the 900 XC has an estimated dry weight of 1050. Does anyone know what the actual weights are of these with fluids? I am okay with using our current trailer as long as the two Ace's are at the 2000 lb mark for the the both of them. But with them both full of fluids if the actual weights exceed the rating of the trailer I just can't roll the dice and hope it holds. If anyone has actual weights on either of these I would greatly appreciate some info. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum as it's a great place for answers to questions that we as Ace owners have.

Thanks, looking forward to your replies, Ronnie

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
All,

I just recently purchased a 2018 Ace 500 for my wife, she loves it more than any ATV or dirt bike she has previously owned by the way. Before the wife got the 500 she had a Suzuki king quad 400 and I still have a quad that I ride. I had just purchased a new carry on 7 x 12 trailer to haul the two king quads. The carry on trailer is a 2990 lb GVWR wood floor trailer with a rear load ramp as well as a side load ramp. This was of course, a perfect trailer for the two quads since the trailer has a payload capacity of 2000 lbs. After seeing how much fun the wife was having with her Ace I think I may have caught the Ace bug too. I am looking at the Ace 900 XC but am having trouble finding out some info about the 900 as well as the 500 we already own. So according to the manual we have with the 500 it says the estimated dry weight is 846. I checked the Polaris web site and it says the 900 XC has an estimated dry weight of 1050. Does anyone know what the actual weights are of these with fluids? I am okay with using our current trailer as long as the two Ace's are at the 2000 lb mark for the the both of them. But with them both full of fluids if the actual weights exceed the rating of the trailer I just can't roll the dice and hope it holds. If anyone has actual weights on either of these I would greatly appreciate some info. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum as it's a great place for answers to questions that we as Ace owners have.

Thanks, looking forward to your replies, Ronnie
Ronnie, You have already answered your own question. The dry weights of the two aces already equal 2000 pounds and with fluids and whatever mods you happen to put on your machines (and yes you will) you will be exceeding your trailers capabilities. I'd advise replacing your trailer with one with better load hauling ability Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vandal,

First of all thanks for the reply. I don't want to split hairs here but if you add the dry weights of the two machines you get 1896, estimated of course. I had not thought of adding accessories but you are correct, the wife has already asked when I could get her some doors and at least a front window. Her ace 500 only has the nets for doors and once you add doors, a front window and a winch or two we will be at or over the payload capacity of the trailer. Anyone want to buy a slightly used 7 x 12 Carry-on trailer? LOL. Now I just have to figure out if it's better to go with the factory Polaris doors or the Factory UTV single piece doors. Thanks Vandal for the help in getting me to the right answer. Should be no trouble in finding a buyer for the trailer.

Thanks, Ronnie

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Ronnie.....I would never want to be that close to the maximum towable weight. If you would happen to have a towing accident and had the machines just full of gas and oil they would be over 2000 pounds and you might be looking at a lawsuit, so I agree with your decision to find a better trailer for your needs. Best of luck to you

I have had UTV Giant doors on both my Ace and my RZR and they are very capable and high quality. $400.00 dollars for the Ace and @350.00 for the RZR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts